• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coming from GNex

nyg010

Android Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2011
North Jersey
Hey guys, I'm coming from the Galaxy GNex, anyone else make the same transition? Any thoughts? I'm a fan of ICS, but the radio on the Gnex is the same as all other samsung phones (crap). Loved everything else about the Gnex though.

Also, what is the best ROMS available, any ICS ports leaked?

Sorry for all the questions but going backwards (software wise) gives me the chills!

Hey guys, I'm coming from the Galaxy GNex, anyone else make the same transition? Any thoughts? I'm a fan of ICS, but the radio on the Gnex is the same as all other samsung phones (crap). Loved everything else about the Gnex though.

Also, what is the best ROMS available, any ICS ports leaked?

Sorry for all the questions but going backwards (software wise) gives me the chills!

There are some ICS roms for this phone but you will need to make sure you Flash it right because this does have Locked Bootloader. Also make sure you that you do a back up before flashing

List of Roms
List of ROM's / RECOVERIES / RADIOS / TWEAKS-- for the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX - xda-developers

Also Im using Razr Bootstapper

Upvote 0
There are some ICS roms for this phone but you will need to make sure you Flash it right because this does have Locked Bootloader. Also make sure you that you do a back up before flashing

List of Roms
List of ROM's / RECOVERIES / RADIOS / TWEAKS-- for the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX - xda-developers

Also Im using Razr Bootstapper

Thanks! Can you spoon feed me to some good written or video tutorials (I've been looking at CM9 Axi0m) and think I will make that my ROM. Thanks!

Upvote 0
If you are talking about how to flash
YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED
1 Download Razr BootStrapper
2 Install the APK and Install Bootstrap Recovery
3 Reboot into Recovery (To make sure it worked)
4 Do a Backup.. Go down to backup and restore
5 Now backup
6 After backup restart the phone
7 Download the Rom you want save it some where you can find it
8 Reboot back to recovery
9 Wipe data/Factory reset
10 Wipe Cache Partition
11 Go to Advanced
12 Wipe Dalvik
13 Go back Now go to Install zip from sd card
14 Choose Zip from SD card
15 Reboot the phone

Now you have Your own rom

Also in recovery the power key is the OK and Sound keys are up and down

MAKE SURE THAT THE ROM IS ON YOUR SD CARD

Upvote 0
If you are talking about how to flash
YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED
1 Download Razr BootStrapper
2 Install the APK and Install Bootstrap Recovery
3 Reboot into Recovery (To make sure it worked)
4 Do a Backup.. Go down to backup and restore
5 Now backup
6 After backup restart the phone
7 Download the Rom you want save it some where you can find it
8 Reboot back to recovery
9 Wipe data/Factory reset
10 Wipe Cache Partition
11 Go to Advanced
12 Wipe Dalvik
13 Go back Now go to Install zip from sd card
14 Choose Zip from SD card
15 Reboot the phone

Now you have Your own rom

Also in recovery the power key is the OK and Sound keys are up and down

MAKE SURE THAT THE ROM IS ON YOUR SD CARD

Thanks brotha! Been awhile since I rooted a phone, lol I needed a refresher. My Gnex was completely naked ICS, didnt even root it, shame on me!

Upvote 0
I didnt come from the G Nex but I got one to compare to my RAZR.

With what Motorola did with Blur on the RAZR, dont worry about going backwards software wise. My kids mother has a Nexus S on Sprint and ICS is alot better than stock GB. But Blur and Sense UI adds a lil something to stock Android that stock Android is missing IMO.

I prefer Blur more than Sense UI too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones