• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Coming from iPhone and looking for one feature I miss

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2011
I'm coming from an iPhone and there is really only one thing that I miss about it. Let's say I am in the Craigslist app and reading a listing. If I press on the phone number I get a window with the option to email or text that number.

When I press the number in android it brings up the dialer with no option to text. I have to cut and paste.

Is there something I'm missing like a setting or an app that I can install to get that feature??

I'm coming from an iPhone and there is really only one thing that I miss about it. Let's say I am in the Craigslist app and reading a listing. If I press on the phone number I get a window with the option to email or text that number.

When I press the number in android it brings up the dialer with no option to text. I have to cut and paste.

Is there something I'm missing like a setting or an app that I can install to get that feature??

What you're missing is a judge to declare Apple's lawsuits null and void. That's one of the features on iPhones that Apple's trying to preserve via litigation. Kind of funny because it sounds like a function as simple as Copy and Paste, which I wonder what would happen if the entity that created that feature tried to sue all companies that tried to use that function.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones