• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Coming from rooted X to Fascinate

I saw that but it was late and I more or less had it up and running so I'd thought I ask first.

did it first thing this morning and it worked like a charm! You still got it Bot!
Restoring now.

Now can we deodexed this thing? and if so is there an easy way or do I have to do it manually? Are there any themes yet I hate this baby blue crap.:eek:

Other than I kind of like this phone. Its easier to work one handed and fits the pocket much better

actually if you have ever odin restored the system (i believe) it is a deodexed reload. thats a best guess given I have no issues using any themes metamorph or flashable and I never manually deodexed.

Upvote 0
actually if you have ever odin restored the system (i believe) it is a deodexed reload. thats a best guess given I have no issues using any themes metamorph or flashable and I never manually deodexed.

Well I'd rather not redo the system and have to setup all over again. Is you phone Deodexed? I really liked the blackGlass theme hope they port it to the SF.

Upvote 0
Well I'd rather not redo the system and have to setup all over again. Is you phone Deodexed? I really liked the blackGlass theme hope they port it to the SF.

just checked for the first time actually, ha...no im not just odex files in the system. Ive tried every theme out metamorph blackmodz, inverto, and both nexthemes and they all load fine and ive gone back to stock no-bootlops and all work.

Interesting as to why now....:thinking:

Upvote 0
just checked for the first time actually, ha...no im not just odex files in the system. Ive tried every theme out metamorph blackmodz, inverto, and both nexthemes and they all load fine and ive gone back to stock no-bootlops and all work.

Interesting as to why now....:thinking:

I downloaded metamorgh (sp) and well how do you use it? LOL it doesn't have anything in it to flash. Where do you get the themes?

Upvote 0
I downloaded metamorgh (sp) and well how do you use it? LOL it doesn't have anything in it to flash. Where do you get the themes?

blackmodz (sense) black tool bar is at xda and theres a remove clock as well.

basically d/l and it put it on your sd card...run metamorph and navigate to where its stored, click it and then metamorph will talk you through it from there and then ask if you want to reboot when done to apply.

i personally prefer flashing things in cwr but some themes are set like this.

Upvote 0
yeah
root
recovery
I recommend dirkk's 1.2ghz lv kernel w/ voodoo
check out this thread HOW TO:Root, Install Clockwork, Remove Bloatware, Integrate Google, Un-root, and more - xda-developers

Oh and I love it so far, can't wait for what is to come

Just did this and found a nice little app to add to it called opensearch. Its a search that lets you pick providers very nice addition.

Also have to say I'm enjoying the phone also. I might even try that voodoo thing again :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones