• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Coming from the HTC One M8, What new smartphone should I buy?

I don't think so for the time being. In the future capabilities could be unlocked, but there really is no way of knowing.
On my G4 after rooting, recovery etc, someone have made a mod to enable 60fps, perhaps someone has / will for one of these devices you are specifying, I don't know.

If there is a 1080p 60fps mod for LG G4 then there should be a mod for the moto xpe.

Upvote 0
I do not have any advice on which phone you should buy, but I do have some general advice that was given to me in another context. The moment you make your decision STOP SHOPPING. That way you will be pleased with what you decided on and won't look back with regrets on what you didn't decide on. Every decision involves a loss. There is no 100% perfect phone, and you certainly will be giving up some features when you make your decision. As I said, when you decide then stop shopping. You will be mighty pleased with the phone you decided on.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Again I really need help asap please. I want to buy a new smartphone right now. I want to upgrade from my broken HTC One M8. There is still no responses from other people.

214903d1454107240-upgrading-htc-one-m8-what-new-smartphone-should-i-buy-picard-facepalm2.jpg

Upvote 0
I currently have the 64GB Samsung Galaxy S6, not flashed, and I'm happy with it. Here's something I wrote a short while ago in response to a similar question.

Phones are commodity items, and selections are limited by the carrier unless you buy an unlocked unit. That said, I would recommend picking one with the latest 64-bit quad-core processor (if not an 8-core) and upsize the memory to at least 64 GB. I replaced a 4 year old dual-core last year, and the download speed and app launches are incredibly fast.

New phones -- except for Apple that does its own thing whenever Tim Cook and company feels like it -- are typically announced and exhibited at the annual Mobile World Congress (MWC: http://www.mobileworldcongress.com) Barcelona; the next one is February 22-26, 2016. Those new products typically appear in the carriers' stores between late March and May. If you are looking for the latest and greatest in your next purchase, wait to see what the MWC reveals. Live coverage is typically offered by Bloomberg West, C|Net, and BBC's show "Click" (among others). If you are looking to save money, this is time of the year to look for closeout pricing of models being discontinued or upgraded.

HTH.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones