• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coming soon to Android......

elchingon666

Apr 15, 2010
Hi everyone! :)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say what an awesome site you got here with LOADS of good info.

I just recently sold my Samsung i8910 Omnia HD and looking to jump to Android.

I have two phones in mind and am literally losing my mind trying to decide between these two:

-Samsung Galaxy S

-HTC EVO 4G

If they could just merge them together we'd have the perfect phone....

I like to watch movies on my phone and my i8910 has an AMOLED screen, which to me, hands down is the greatest looking screen for watching movies on. This is what's tearing me apart.....WHY didn't the EVO get an AMOLED screen????! If it did that would seal the deal right there.

Then again why couldn't the Galaxy S come with 8mp camera and flash???! That would seal the deal right there..lol.....

:thinking:

I am still about 60% Galaxy S and 40% EVO 4G right now. I reside in Honolulu Hawaii which has 4G already so it is a hard choice.

On the other hand the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD that I just sold is an awesome phone. It had a lot of features that you don't see often, like the Virtual 5.1 channel Dolby surround and DNSe 2.0 (Digital Natural Sound Engine) coming out of speakers on BOTH top and bottom ends of the phone while watching movies was just incredible, not to mention it ALREADY had 8mp camera and HD video recording. This phone was way ahead of it's time. I just wish Samsung would incorporate all the good stuff from it onto the new Galaxy S, as no one has been able to port Android into it.

Here is a spec comparison, it was really tough for me to give up the i8910 HD, but the lack of support for Symbian pushed me to move on. I admit though that a certain custom ROM maker named HyperX has made my experience with the i8910 an awesome one.

i8910 vs. Galaxy S:

Samsung i8910 Omnia HD vs. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - GSMArena.com

Oh, decisions decisions........ok, I'll stop babbling now....:p

:)

Hi everyone! :)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say what an awesome site you got here with LOADS of good info.

I just recently sold my Samsung i8910 Omnia HD and looking to jump to Android.

I have two phones in mind and am literally losing my mind trying to decide between these two:

-Samsung Galaxy S

-HTC EVO 4G

If they could just merge them together we'd have the perfect phone....

I like to watch movies on my phone and my i8910 has an AMOLED screen, which to me, hands down is the greatest looking screen for watching movies on. This is what's tearing me apart.....WHY didn't the EVO get an AMOLED screen????! If it did that would seal the deal right there.

Then again why couldn't the Galaxy S come with 8mp camera and flash???! That would seal the deal right there..lol.....

:thinking:

I am still about 60% Galaxy S and 40% EVO 4G right now. I reside in Honolulu Hawaii which has 4G already so it is a hard choice.

On the other hand the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD that I just sold is an awesome phone. It had a lot of features that you don't see often, like the Virtual 5.1 channel Dolby surround and DNSe 2.0 (Digital Natural Sound Engine) coming out of speakers on BOTH top and bottom ends of the phone while watching movies was just incredible, not to mention it ALREADY had 8mp camera and HD video recording. This phone was way ahead of it's time. I just wish Samsung would incorporate all the good stuff from it onto the new Galaxy S, as no one has been able to port Android into it.

Here is a spec comparison, it was really tough for me to give up the i8910 HD, but the lack of support for Symbian pushed me to move on. I admit though that a certain custom ROM maker named HyperX has made my experience with the i8910 an awesome one.

i8910 vs. Galaxy S:

Samsung i8910 Omnia HD vs. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - GSMArena.com

Oh, decisions decisions........ok, I'll stop babbling now....:p

:)
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones