• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm sure your wife will love her new iPhone as much as you are going to love the DX coming off an Eris. The Eris has a more wide open bootloader, but it has other issues. I rooted a friend of mines Eris, and the lack of memory, coupled with the inability to move apps to the SD card almost drove me crazy!!!

Oh lordy will the DX ever spoil you with all that STORAGE! Click on the link in my sig and drool over all the apps I've downloaded. And I still have tons of room left. It's crazy man, crazy. I'm curious about one thing though... why on earth is your wife going to get the i4 when the i5 is SSSOOOO close? If I were wanting an iPhone I would have to hold off for that one.

Not that I'm trying to make you have to wait another 4 months to get your hands on your wifes X. ;)

Upvote 0
Well Outlaw its what she wants, and since everybody is happier when wives get what they want i will take her less than year old mint DX off her hands. I think she heard a rumor about future iphone data capping and wanted to grandfathered in besides she has always wanted one but we have been with big red for quite some time now.

Well if that's the case I can understand her rational. But we haven't heard squat about he i5, so for now it's only speculation. And surely there would have been some sort of window open after announcing all of the i5's features, and possible cap that she could have snatched up an i4 and been grandfathered in just the same.

But, oh well. Like I say, I'm not trying to poop on your DX party!!! ;)

Upvote 0
Well Outlaw its what she wants, and since everybody is happier when wives get what they want i will take her less than year old mint DX off her hands. I think she heard a rumor about future iphone data capping and wanted to grandfathered in besides she has always wanted one but we have been with big red for quite some time now.

Got my better half an eyephone yesterday,,she downgraded from a Dinc....Apple doesnt tell you that you basically NEED to carry a pc around with you if you want to download anything onto the iphone...that phone is very limited,IMO. It makes me appreciate my DX more....she likes it so far,but isnt happy about havingto sync 5x a day and use her pc for everything.....lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones