1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Commando or G-Shock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by supercad79, Aug 5, 2013.

1. supercad79

supercad79 Newbie
    None

Apr 27, 2013
    Male
    There are a ton of pictures for a G-Shock phone that looks like it would be part of Batman's utility belt. Was that the predecessor to the new Commando, or is that another phone that is still in development? With the less than glowing reviews of the new Commando, I'd rather wait it out if there's another phone on the verizon (not ready for an upgrade until 2015, so who knows what will be out then).

Advertisement

2. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Male
    dude... this commando is nice... the gshock phone was the japanese comando if im not mistaken, it looks sleeker right? casio also made a watch that had the compass utility that i dont think ever saw the light of day.

3. runsondiesel

runsondiesel Member
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Houston Texas
    The pics of a Gshock phone were of a prototype shown to focus groups. The Japanese Commando 2 is model CA-201L, just like in Korea, which is pretty much the Commando 4G. If you need the biggest screen, the highest pixel count, the most RAM, the fastest processor, the most cores, and the slimmest, keep what you have or keep shopping. If you want a phone that performs well in all respects and will keep doing that regardless of what you do to it, get the new Commando. It's every bit as good a performer as the Moto Razr Maxx HD I had that didn't survive an encounter with a hardwood floor. That's why they make different kinds. Choice.

4. pious

pious Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2013
    Anybody know how can I root my CA-201L?
    I need to unlock it.

5. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Male
    look in the root forum! its been done!