1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Commando Settings ..How to change

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cougarbob58, Jan 13, 2012.

1. cougarbob58

cougarbob58 Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Hi ..When I get a text message or picture sent to me on my Commando ..I only have about 5 or 6 seconds to read the page ..how do I change this setting to a longer time out ..is this normal ..???..thanks ...

Advertisement

2. Chaz21

Chaz21 Newbie
    None

Dec 10, 2011
    Valley Forge PA
    I don't think that you can increase the "time out" of the notification bar but you can access all your messages etc. from the "messaging widget" -located by tapping the window-like icon at the bottom of your home screen and searching through all the widgets displayed-and view them for as long as you like. By "long" holding the widget and dragging you can place a icon of it on any screen you'd like for quicker access. hope this helps.

cougarbob58 likes this.
  3. h20534

h20534 Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    New York, USA
    Chaz21 is right. Right now in Android there is no way to increase the length at which the message is flashed across the top bar, however there are apps in the Android Market that you might be interested in.

Something like SMS POP-UP will make your text or picture message pop up on the screen whenever you get one, so you can easily read it without interrupting what your doing. You can also set the app to only pop-up when the screen is locked and turned off, so it'll turn on your screen and show you the text quickly when your phone's screen is off, and than turn itself back off (If you've ever seen how an iPhone "wakes up" after it gets a text and than "Goes back to sleep", you can set it to behave in a similar manner. )

Hope this helps!

4. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    You can download a manual for your phone from Verizon support. It's over 200 pages. It can help you with messaging and other questions.