• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Commands Headset

Hello, everybody.

I had a little water accident with my phone and I am currently struggling with my headphones:
The music is still played perfectly, however sometimes my phone recognises button presses as 'volume louder' or 'next song' from my headphone, eventough it doesn't have any buttons for that anyway.

I am struggling here to find a way to deactivate them, because a) I don't know how and b) I cant figure out the name of these commands. So far, I found only apps, which would deactivate the headset completely and not just these button-commands.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Best regards

Hello, everybody.

I had a little water accident with my phone
and I am currently struggling with my headphones:
The music is still played perfectly, however sometimes my phone recognises button presses as 'volume louder' or 'next song' from my headphone, eventough it doesn't have any buttons for that anyway.

I am struggling here to find a way to deactivate them, because a) I don't know how and b) I cant figure out the name of these commands. So far, I found only apps, which would deactivate the headset completely and not just these button-commands.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Best regards

So you're talking about hardware damage? Well really the only fix for that is repair or replacement. It could be the headphone jack is corroded, or there's some other damage in the phone.

Maybe using Bluetooth headset could work for you?

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for the fast answers.
I put it into rice and silica gel for two days. According to the repair-store here, the salt from condensing is now attacking the contacts (this helped for the screen).
Yes, this probably is a hardware issue. However, if this options are deactivateable, the problem would be solved, atleast in the sense of its symptoms not occuring anymor, no?
Do you have an idea, how these options might be called / if they are deactivateable?
(I'm stubborn for this idea, as this wouldn't include any new products to buy)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thank you guys for the fast answers.
I put it into rice and silica gel for two days. According to the repair-store here, the salt from condensing is now attacking the contacts (this helped for the screen).
Yes, this probably is a hardware issue. However, if this options are deactivateable, the problem would be solved, atleast in the sense of its symptoms not occuring anymor, no?
Do you have an idea, how these options might be called / if they are deactivateable?
(I'm stubborn for this idea, as this wouldn't include any new products to buy)
nope there is no settings for those. your issue most likely will not be solved by tweaking software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones