1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Comments on VZW Extended Batt...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sx4dude2013, Jul 13, 2011.

1. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Georgia
    So I recently noticed that I could not make it to the end of the work day with my stock DX batt. I needed to do something. BTW, i was on CM7 :cool:

After a lot of reading I decided to get the VZW 1900 maph batt. Its only 1mm thicher and comes with a bigger batt door. (for the DX2 :()
    With my coorporate discount it was $37 before taxes...

Today was my second day of full use.
    I was bored and work (using wifi) and did A LOT of browsing the web/a few texts and email and some youtbe. And streamed pandora for 30 min
    I unplugged it this moring at 6 am and installed a few apps and used it very heavily throught the day. Screen was set to auto and i use an app to kill the hardware key lights.
    And data is fetched every hr...

Here is my stats before I plugged it up: 26% left
    9hrs and 24 min on batt.....
    Display 49%
    Browser 22%
    Mediaserver 7%
    Android OS 7%
    Wifi 4%
    Cell Standby 4%
    Youtube 3%
    FB 3%
    Phone Idle 2%
    Handcent SMS 2%

I was using CM7 Build #26 witg Isyn tweaks...
    Overall very happy with this battery. I hope things continue to improve. It was a good investment and Im switching back over to Apex to maybe get even better life. Ill report back in a few to let you know how Apex is working out :)

I did cut the silicone out of where the battery goes in my otterbox commuter series case =. I did this so there was no pressure on the screen but so I could continue to use the case.
    Over the last 2 days I have had no issues with screen buldge or any rainbow effects :)

Advertisement

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    you mean 1880 mAh, right?

other than that, yes, I love mine

3. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Georgia
    lol. yea. whatever it is. haha

4. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    I have had my VZW extended battery for a long time. Actually, I got it about a month after getting my X. Since the battery is not that much bigger than the stock battery (in mAh's or size) I did not see a huge improvement in battery life, but I did see some. Battery life seems to depend more on the rom I am using, which I just switched from GB Liberty 0.8 that was getting good battery life, to Darkslide (just installed it). On a good rom, I can plug my phone in at night and still have around 60 - 70% battery life. Heavier usage drops that down to around 40 -50%. Mind you, this is all turning my screen brightness to the lowest setting, which is a pain when outdoors. Overall, I like the extended battery because it does add a little extra battery life without having to make my X mega thick with a big battery.

5. larrydp

larrydp Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Paychex Inc
    I have the VZW extended battery and did some testing with Liquid Gingerbread 2.3 and lasted a little under 20 hours of moderate use including Maps before the battery finally died out on me. I was underclocked at 1 gig ultra low voltage and the display set at full brightness with GPS and data sync running the whole time.

Here is the battery usage
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...ead-v2-3-release-screenshot-1311427923188.png

6. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    The extended battery makes some, but not a lot of difference. Too many services run on the stock phone. If you put on a rom you can get faster performance and better battery life, but I've found that each has pros and cons. I just went back to stock, something with Darkslide was causing my SD card to be really slow when opening the gallery and couldn't dismount it at all(even with reboots, all apps uninstalled, etc.).

7. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Leather Wheel re-Skinner
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I got the extended battery for the GF at xmas last year. She eventually moved to the iphone so Ive been using it for several months. I was running Apex (?) at the time and I noticed that I could go two full days most of the time. Nice item to have when you are running an energy hog ROM.