• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compaines laying off due to Obama?

GDP per capita has the US at 8 (World Bank), 6 (IMF) and 8(CIA) so the GDP per capita ain't suffering. Just saying. Ireland ranks 12, 13 and 18 respectively BTW. What does healthcare have to do with greenhouse gasses?

Its so frustrating trying to deal with you when you fail to read my posts, yet respond anyway with questions. Not sure why I bother.

Right:

I never said your GDP per Capita was suffering, in fact I stated this: 'GDP is not suffering, I never said it was.'

What I am saying is that it is basically a waste of economic productivity. If a country spends 8% of its GDP on digging holes in the sand, its GDP will not be suffering. But 8% of it will be wasted. It will be pointless. Its productivity that could be shelved (less hours worked, less resources consumed and produced), or used somewhere else (for example building a tower to the Moon).

As for greeenhouse gases, if one can't see the correlation between economic activity and resource use, then I really wonder how they could take home a decent income, in this day and age.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I can't see the correllation between greenhouse gases, resources and healthcare. So apparently it's a wonder I can take home a decent income.

So yeah, I question your assertion that US workers are wasting resources due to lacking healthcare. 84% of Americans have healthcare coverage.

Again, I go back to the previous statement from another poster saying that a healthy community is good for the whole. How, specifically, are we suffering?

Upvote 0
Again, I go back to the previous statement from another poster saying that a healthy community is good for the whole. How, specifically, are we suffering?
Outrages cost of insurance/healthcare for all. Those without any type of insurance (ER), who's paying for that? Taxpayers, along with healthcare providers.

Upvote 0
Companies are short sighted. Unions need to be encouraged and living wage laws need to be passed to further economic growth. The cited article and charts demonstrate the falsehood that "obamacare" is the cause of unemployment and low wages. Companies have a choice and they chose short term profits versus long term growth.

Companies Need To Pay People More - Business Insider

"One of the big reasons the U.S. economy is so lousy is that big American companies are hoarding cash and "maximizing profits" instead of investing in their people and future projects. This behavior is contributing to record income inequality in the country and starving the primary engine of U.S. economic growth

Upvote 0
Do you think that these companies are laying off due to Obama?

Anyone with common sense knows forementioned equates to his ethnic a lot who are vice are still pissed they have to conform to a black person for another 4 years.What their oblivious to is everything both good or bad is already predetermined from inate meaning regardless of what you do or say life will twist simultaneously turn until what was initially supposed to happen comes fruition

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones