1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Compared atrix and nexus today.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rhouse, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Rhouse

Rhouse Member
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    My curiosity finally got the best of me. I went into my local verizon store today to check out the nexus. After spending a few minutes with the phone I must say I am not too impressed. The UI is smoother then the atrix but not by much. I liked the big screen but the galaxy s2 has it beat in that aspect. The point Im trying to make with this is after all the time people have been waiting for this miracle of a phone the improvements are slim. Also the hardware is comparable to our phone. I think even though we most likely wont be seeing a official ics built from moto, we are in a very good position. By the time our update comes around ics will be bug free quad core phones will be the new standard and Jelly bean will be around the corner. Now i have just typed this up after maybe 10 min with the nexus and I am aware that i am not qualified to give a full comparison. But in my opinion the phone is nothing ground breaking in comparison with our device.

Advertisement

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I haven't played around with the Nexus, but have seen some Youtub videos. For the most part, at least to me, the only thing it has over other phones is ICS. Everything else is personal preference. Considering all the Atrix 4G can do and is capable of doing. I still feel it's the phone to beat. Don't get me wrong, there are other phones that do have the Atrix 4G beat in some areas, but for the most part, the Atrix 4G is in a class all by itself.

3. Rhouse

Rhouse Member
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Atrix has been out almost a year and I am yet to see a phone that blows it out of the water, various small improvements yes. Groundbreaking must have features not so much... Just makes me feel good about the choice I made. For instance look at a thunderbolt, kinda feels like a relic, even though it was out 3 month after atrix release.

4. darklide

darklide Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2010
    Though the HD screen would be nice.