1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Comparing Android to Windows on Tablets

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Sionet, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Sionet

Sionet Newbie

I am very pleased with my older Nexus Android 7 inch tablet. But am thinking of writing an article for our club magazine explaining the difference between tablets using Android and Windows. See http://herc-hastings.org.uk/

Can someone please explain do those using Windows also have such a large variety of free safe Apps as Google proves for Android? All the free apps I downloaded from Google appear perfectly safe. Can the same be said under Windows. Many of the shareware etc. I have download for PCs using Windows over the years contain all sorts of nasties especially attempts to force you to use another Browser or Search engine.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Windows can be as safe as Android, provided you just stick to installing apps from the Windows app store, which has been there since Win 8.0. Microsoft vets all apps on their Windows store, just like Google and Amazon does.

But if you're just installing stuff from whatever websites, either Windows or Android, good luck!!

And tell your radio club in Hastings, that advice came from G0MEM, a UK callsign, living in China.

#2 mikedt, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016