1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Compass Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stang70Fastback, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Stang70Fastback

Stang70Fastback Well-Known Member

I am uncertain as to whether this is an EVO issue or just an application issue, but here's the problem.

I was using Google Latitude the other day and noticed next to each friend listed was a little arrow that physically points in their direction. I thought that was cool and spun around only to notice the arrows fluctuated a bit but never really moved. I tried backing out to the map and locking it to compass mode and turning and that didn't work either. So I went into the Compass app and that wasn't working either. I performed a figure-8 calibration in the compass app and the compass worked. However, going straight back to Maps, the compass seems to completely fail again. If I then go back to the compass app, it is no longer working and has to be calibrated again.

Is anyone else having issues like this? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello Stang.

I'm wondering if the advanced bubble level app would help with that and be more accurate than the figure 8 motion method. It has an accelerometer calibration item in its menu.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews