• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

compass on eris

fair question.

i use the one called "compass" on 1.5 (untainted :) )

it doesn't appear to be an app specific problem, since i tried "just compass" that did the same thing. The "compass" one is smart enough to tell that it needs calibrating.... Like i can use it an calibrate (and it seems to work correctly) - close the app and immediately re-open, and it will need to recalibrate....

Its like something or some app screwed it up, since when i first got it the app, it never asked to recalibrate.

Upvote 0
well, i have tried 3, all with the same response. At the end of the day, the programs are probably just reading a sensor, so its likely a sensor issue..... I would try a hard reset, but its just this that I would be looking to fix, and so not worth it. I'll wait/hope for the OTA and look at it then.

Upvote 0
Every time I turn on the compas I have to recalibrate. Otherwise it will point anywhere it wants to. And I don't even need to switch to setting/calibrate, I just make a few figure 8s and after that it points fine.

The other thing: in google map (or in some settings menu) it asks if I want to show compas on map. But it never does.
Peter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones