• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Compatable Pre-paid Sim Cards - Canadian unlocked Galaxy SII

Hi Everyone,

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy SII and plan on travelling in the US next week. I have spent hours trying to determine what pre-paid sim cards are compatible with the SII capabilities and so far have no concrete answers. Has anyone traveled in the US using pre-paid sim cards and if so, which ones work?

After reviewing: Prepaid Cell Phones Review 2011 | Best Prepaid Phones | Prepaid Mobile Phones - TopTenREVIEWS I was all set to buy a Boost Mobile starter kit (sim) but the lady at the Sprint tells me that the SII won't work with this sim.

Help???!!!

I don't want to pay Bell roaming charges - this is why I unlocked my phone!

Cheers,

I have the exact same question, well you can change the Canadian to Mexican, but it’s the same deal, I see there is this Boost Mobile Starter Kit, and a good looking Daily Unlimited Plan for 2 dollars/day. But not sure if it would work, did you had any luck? Any recommendation would be great. Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones