• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

compatibility of games for psx4droid

Using HTC FTW Evo.

Final Fantasy VII-Works
Driver 1-Works, choppy audio
Marvel vs Capcom- Works
Discworld -Works
Crash Bandicoot-works, choppy audio
IQ intelligent Qube-Works
Gran Turismo2- works, crazy choppy audio
Resident Evil1-works

Final Doom-Does not work, hangs at "Loading" screen.

I have a boat load of roms to still load, ill post back with an update.

Upvote 0
HTC Desire

Nightmare Creatures 2 - Works but very low framerate and sound crackles a lot. Unplayable IMO.

Silent Hill - Works with a good framerate but sound is pretty messed up. Also has some annoying graphical glitches(white box around the player) and takes a while to get past the Konami logo. Playable if you're desperate for some portable creepiness

Final Fantasy VII
- Works fine except some sound issues. Very playable.

Parasite Eve - Appears to work good except, again, somewhat crackling sound.

In conclusion I'd say that for a first version the emulator is pretty good. Game performance and graphical glitches vary from game to game but sound has been a low point for all the games I've tried.

Upvote 0
Impressive results so far on Incred. “Playable” with no other comment means works well with sound.

American Pool = Playable
Asteroids = Display is squished, but if scaled correctly, would be playable
Bloody Roar = Playable, but 70% speed with sound
Bubble Bobble 2 = Playable
Crash Team Racing = Playable (wow), but some cars only show wheels (not many do, but actually kind of cool)
Dead or Alive = About 50% speed. Even with sound off. This could rock with HW acceleration.
Gunner’s Heaven = Playable
Jimmy White Cueball = Playable
King of Fighters 99 = Playable
Marvel vs Capcom = Playable
Metal Slug X = Goes blank after picking player and locks app up
NBA Showtime = Playable
Pong = Playable
Qix Neo = Playable
Quake 2 = Playable
Raiden Project = Playable
Street Fighter Alpha = Playable
Strikers 1945 = Playable
Tekken 3 = Playable, but 70% speed (some say slower, but not seeing that on Inc)
Tetris X = Playable
Thrill Kill = Playable

Notice the trend here? Most are playable with sound. Hardware acceleration would turn this up a notch :) Observation: Best device for this will easily be the Epic (fast chipset & keyboard). Wish it were coming to VZW :(
Sure, Droid 2 is coming, but bigger display love with Epic.

Reactions: iwillfearnoevil
Upvote 0
from what ive seen on my evo if there are games that let you change the sound to mono in the settings the sound then becomes perfect with no distortion or anything

Good thinking batman, as at the moment it's probably trying to play both channels through the one speaker. I'll try it on my desire, if any of my games actually allow me to switch to mono that is!

Upvote 0
^ They can be in any folder provided you browse to it.
For obvious reasons nobody here can link directly to pirated material. Either rip your own games or Google better ;) BIN and ISO ROMS will work. ECM files will not and need to be converted/ripped correctly..

Rooted HTC Desire

Warzone 2100 Seems to work ok but with no L2 you can't select multiple units.
GTA 1 Works fine
Vigilante 8 Won't load past menus
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense Long load times and then you can't fire weapons due to control limitations.

Upvote 0
Guys I need help every rom and site i try is worthless please can some one just be kind enought to share where they are getting the roms from and what format they are in and what does the folder need to be named to get them to show up (gba for gameboid games) SO HELP ME
Google PSX iso and choose the 2nd result. ;)

ISOs need to be in a .bin format and can be located anywhere on your SD card (although I recommend putting them all in a common folder of your choosing).

Upvote 0
tried the site you recomended but still won't work if i put them on the sd card in no folder only my sega games show up i click the bios it acts like it wants to run but nothing put the roms in a folder and click the folder it says there are no files available so if anyonecan shoot me a quick walkthrough of where everything needs to go or if i should try a diff bios i have scph1001.bin and maybe i just did things in the wrong order or something please hep i dont want to have just wasted 6 bucks if i can get it to work

Upvote 0
Mytouch 1.2

007 - Tomorrow Never Dies (.bin)- Works, a little lag, sound is choppy (playable)

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver (.bin) - Works but extremely laggy, sound is extremely choppy (non playable)

Tomb Raider (.img) - Works but extremely laggy as well (non playable)

I'm sure it's because of my device but these should work flawlessly on a high end phone.

Upvote 0
Stock Samsung Captivate

Frogger:

-Choppy menu music
-Gameplay is perfect, no lag

Atari Collection 2

-Choppy menu music
-All games play perfectly except Marble Madness (the marble is invisible)

Crash Bandicoot 2

-Choppy music occasionally in-game
-Plays perfectly (seems like there's a SLIGHT bit of lag at times, but it's barely noticable)

I'll test out more games soon

Upvote 0
@all:
I tried looking / searching for PSX4Droid in market...I couldn find it !!Has google market deleted the app ? or is it under verification ?? I even tried downloading from QR code...even it failed !! can any 1 help me in finding the app ?? let it be a cracked 1 or paid version !! where shld i download ?? google search result were naive :( kindy help..
i use moto milestone..unrooted 1 in india !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones