1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Compatibility Problems with Google Play

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by toolschism, Aug 22, 2012.

1. toolschism

toolschism Lurker

I would just like to start off saying I don't know much about android phones as this is concerning my girlfriends LG Connect.

I have been having problems installing a few apps and games for her from google play due to them supposedly not being compatible with her device. Often times however I am able to install the app directly from the developers site. The only problem then is that I have found no way to update said apps. I am just trying to find out if updating her firmware or rooting could help solve this problem or if this device is just not compatible. The most recent game I have had trouble with is Dungeon Hunter 3. I don't understand the lack of compatibility due to the fact that it runs fine on my phone (iphone 4) which has inferior hardware.

Anyways, any useful information would be much appreciated and also if anyone has any good suggestions as to why I should root her phone (aside from removing bloatware) I'd love to hear them. I've always wanted to but never saw much reason to.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Andima

Andima Android Enthusiast

Market unlocker can remove market restrictions. In this situation you mentioned play store display incompitable issue, as well as you mentioned you can install app which download from developer site. Looks like its not a hardware incompatible, issue. However, I'm not sure. But try market unlocker or market enabler apps. But they need root.

3. toolschism

toolschism Lurker

Thank you kindly, just the excuse I needed to go ahead and root her phone.

Edit: After a few more searches regarding those two apps you mentioned I have read that they do not fix this problem. The only way I have heard of people being able to install apps that are showing compatibility errors is by sideloading.

That being said.. I have no idea where to find android apks so.. If anyone has any sites that host apks that would be excellent.. Also this is NOT a paid app i'm not being cheap and trying to pirate this or anything..

4. Andima

Andima Android Enthusiast

Dude I have a good news. Actually I forget to mentioned it. When I try to download Sony panaromic camera I face similar issue. But I used Real APK leacher and download Play store apk to my pc. You can use that tool. But use fake Gmail account.

Curster likes this.
  5. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

or you could alert the developer to the issue. some apps are uploaded by developers with a compatibility list. market then checks the device id (which you can manually change at will if rooted) and either downloads or gives incompatible error.
    alerting the developer would help the community and rooting to test a device id change would help you immediately.
    i don't remember what thread but there is one for a game in this section that tells you how to do it.

**edit

its the dead space thread.

Curster likes this.
  6. old_member

old_member Guest

If it is incompatible , Have you used LCD Density changer (Messes up the Google Play Store) If many things are incompatible , What you really would need to do is update your play store or go into
    Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > Click Google Play store
    > Click "Clear Data > Click "Uninstall updates" > Then open and it will say Android Market is being upgraded into Google Play , Continue , Sign in , And Then wait like 10 -15 minutes (On WiFi/3G or 4G) and then most apps that ussually are will be compatible , some games wont work on some androids , So many to choose and all games on iOS will work on iPhone 4/4S , That is the ONLY good thing about iOS , but I of course , Prefer Android

-Mike from Verizon Wireless at Peabody , MA
    "Verizon is the true #1 carrier of the USA covering 98% of Americans , Introducing the new SHAREverything plan , See online for more details , Only at Select Stores"

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews