• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Compilation Album problems

neverender

Mar 26, 2010
Just loaded a 100 song compilation album onto my Incredible. It's in my music folder, titled "Compilation" and within that there is a folder titled "Album" that has the 100 songs in it. This is the same way I list other albums (example: "Pink Floyd" folder containing "Dark Side of the Moon" with the tracks). Yet still each of the 100 bands shows up when I view by artist in my music player. That's horrible and unacceptable and I don't know what else to do.

Help?

Thanks

The player uses ID3 tags to identify files, not filename or folder structure. Since each of the songs in your compilation folder have different Artist tags, each artist name appears in the player. The native player does not allow you to browse by folder, so if you want to listen to your compilation album in the order the files appear in the folder, you'll have to re-tag the files (using mp3tag).

For various artist compilations, I usually tag this way--

Artist field: Various Artists
Album field: name of compilation or album
Title field: artist name - song name

With this, I have a category for all my compilations if I browse by artist, or if I browse by album I can find the compilation straight away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones