• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Compilation of Kyocera Rise Stock Images

Hey man long time... Did you ever try with terminal emulator on your rooted rise?

In terminal...
Su
Reboot bootloader

If these guys have it working with modified drivers, this should work...
Off Topic:
I've been here, but just lurking. There hadn't been much progress, and I hadn't had time to work on it. (Kinda moved to cali, started a new job, school, other projects, etc) Also couldn't really risk much testing as I don't have a 'working' backup device. (My backup Rise needs to have the screen reattached. It works fine, I just didn't reconnect it after disassembly.) After bricking like 5 Rises, I don't really want to brick many more if I can help it. Although target has been keeping them on sale for like $40 lately.

On Topic:
I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll test it right now.

And done. It just rebooted. For everyone's info, I have the Virgin Mobile Rise

Edit:
Maybe the sprint version can access fastboot. dtalley is on sprint, not sure about techdad. If that's the case, we could probably flash the bootloader/other partitions from a device that can access fastboot.

Upvote 0
Off Topic:
I've been here, but just lurking. There hadn't been much progress, and I hadn't had time to work on it. (Kinda moved to cali, started a new job, school, other projects, etc) Also couldn't really risk much testing as I don't have a 'working' backup device. (My backup Rise needs to have the screen reattached. It works fine, I just didn't reconnect it after disassembly.) After bricking like 5 Rises, I don't really want to brick many more if I can help it. Although target has been keeping them on sale for like $40 lately.

On Topic:
I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll test it right now.

And done. It just rebooted. For everyone's info, I have the Virgin Mobile Rise

Edit:
Maybe the sprint version can access fastboot. dtalley is on sprint, not sure about techdad. If that's the case, we could probably flash the bootloader/other partitions from a device that can access fastboot.

Well, I recently bricked my device and bought a new Rise which is on VM. You don't need to go into "fastboot" mode to use the fastboot commands, in the bootloader mode it will accept fastboot commands just fine. (adb reboot bootloader) but in order to run custom recoveries and kernels you have to first adb reboot oem-unlock which will act like it did nothing, but it actually sorta unlocked your device. Not 100% as you can only run unsigned stuff in bootloader mode using fastboot commands (which is how I bricked my phone, I am unable to get into bootloader mode without adb). This doesn't make it a viable unlocking method either as you HAVE to boot a non-oem boot.img using fastboot commands, if you do not and just fastboot flash it, the bootloader will reject the kernel when it tries to boot it and tries to go into recovery. That being said, I do have a few recoveries compiled and working on CM9... might make a dev thread about it

TechDad378 thinks for the images, i'll get 'em up asap

Edit: Oh! I forgot about drivers.

I actually don't use the kyocera drivers because they cause bluescreens in my installation of windows or cause me to have to reboot my computer into linux. I found that if you get the generic equivalent to every driver windows fails to find (generic USB Composite devices, Android ADB debugging drivers etc.) it works just fine. This is true in every mode because windows sees it as a different devices in bootloader mode than it does in system.

All of this should work just fine in linux without changing anything though.

Also about the differences in the sprint/virgin versions... if that is the case, i've noticed that anything from any other hydro/rise checks out with the bootloader so although there is a good chance that if this is the situation, using the sprint backup might fix it, you still have to deal with the fact that you just outright flashed a sprint firmware and what if cellular stuff doesn't work

Upvote 0
Well, I recently bricked my device and bought a new Rise which is on VM. You don't need to go into "fastboot" mode to use the fastboot commands, in the bootloader mode it will accept fastboot commands just fine. (adb reboot bootloader) but in order to run custom recoveries and kernels you have to first adb reboot oem-unlock which will act like it did nothing, but it actually sorta unlocked your device. Not 100% as you can only run unsigned stuff in bootloader mode using fastboot commands (which is how I bricked my phone, I am unable to get into bootloader mode without adb). This doesn't make it a viable unlocking method either as you HAVE to boot a non-oem boot.img using fastboot commands, if you do not and just fastboot flash it, the bootloader will reject the kernel when it tries to boot it and tries to go into recovery. That being said, I do have a few recoveries compiled and working on CM9... might make a dev thread about it

TechDad378 thinks for the images, i'll get 'em up asap

Edit: Oh! I forgot about drivers.

I actually don't use the kyocera drivers because they cause bluescreens in my installation of windows or cause me to have to reboot my computer into linux. I found that if you get the generic equivalent to every driver windows fails to find (generic USB Composite devices, Android ADB debugging drivers etc.) it works just fine. This is true in every mode because windows sees it as a different devices in bootloader mode than it does in system.

All of this should work just fine in linux without changing anything though.

Also about the differences in the sprint/virgin versions... if that is the case, i've noticed that anything from any other hydro/rise checks out with the bootloader so although there is a good chance that if this is the situation, using the sprint backup might fix it, you still have to deal with the fact that you just outright flashed a sprint firmware and what if cellular stuff doesn't work

really, adb reboot bootloader works for you? It just reboots for me. Wierd. You didn't do anything to the phone? When did you purchase it?

Upvote 0
really, adb reboot bootloader works for you? It just reboots for me. Wierd. You didn't do anything to the phone? When did you purchase it?
I purchased the phone about a week ago on ebay, and it doesn't just reboot to seems to hang at the boot logo but is actually in bootloader mode. If this is the case, then any sort of unlock would not work for the VM versions of the phone leaving us with either 2nd-init or kexec as viable options. The good news is if we have to narrow that down to 2nd-init, unlike 3.4 kernels, we can actually insmod modules giving us kernel features that we'd need to continue porting newer versions of android. As for doing anything to the phone, that's a rather broad question as it's bootlooping the CM9 logo right now ;) but I doubt I did anything that would have effected bootloader mode, other than maybe reboot oem-unlock

I will have a VM version of this phone soon enough, as I bought it to replace my recently bricked sprint one then I will be able to confirm this, but as it appears, TechDad also has a VM phone.

Upvote 0
I purchased the phone about a week ago on ebay, and it doesn't just reboot to seems to hang at the boot logo but is actually in bootloader mode. If this is the case, then any sort of unlock would not work for the VM versions of the phone leaving us with either 2nd-init or kexec as viable options. The good news is if we have to narrow that down to 2nd-init, unlike 3.4 kernels, we can actually insmod modules giving us kernel features that we'd need to continue porting newer versions of android. As for doing anything to the phone, that's a rather broad question as it's bootlooping the CM9 logo right now ;) but I doubt I did anything that would have effected bootloader mode, other than maybe reboot oem-unlock

I will have a VM version of this phone soon enough, as I bought it to replace my recently bricked sprint one then I will be able to confirm this, but as it appears, TechDad also has a VM phone.

Cool. Would love to hear the results. None of the VM version models I've destroyed/use could get to the bootloader. It always just reboots to the main OS.

So the bricked one is bootlooping the CM9 logo, or do you have two of them? o_0 *confused* I'll have to go through the Sprint bootloader and the VM bootloader in hex to see what I can find, especially if one can get to bootloader and the other cant.

Edit:
Oh yeah. I was poking through the backup partition images, and I think I know what a few more of them are/might be.

I'll just list them all here:
mmcblk0p1: AMSS.MBN (the baseband?)
mmcblk0p2: I'm pretty sure this one is for the radio(modem?).
mmcblk0p3: OSBL (Couldn't find much info about this. Seems to be a download mode of sorts)
mmcblk0p4: This is simply an extended partition table. Nothing fancy.
mmcblk0p5: Bootloader (aboot)
mmcblk0p6/7: (empty)
mmcblk0p8: Boot
mmcblk0p9-11: no idea
mmcblk0p12: System
mmcblk0p13: Cache
mmcblk0p14: Persist
mmcblk0p15: Recovery
mmcblk0p16: FOTA (for over the air) (no, f doesnt stand for for)
mmcblk0p17: Sysprop
mmcblk0p18: Carrier
mmcblk0p19: System crash logs
mmcblk0p20: Data
mmcblk1p1: Sdcard

So almost a complete partition list. Just need partitions 6/7/9/10/11. 6/7 seem to always be empty, but 9-11 are full of data.

Reactions: Noobified
Upvote 0
Cool. Would love to hear the results. None of the VM version models I've destroyed/use could get to the bootloader. It always just reboots to the main OS.

So the bricked one is bootlooping the CM9 logo, or do you have two of them? o_0 *confused* I'll have to go through the Sprint bootloader and the VM bootloader in hex to see what I can find, especially if one can get to bootloader and the other cant.

I bricked one so I ordered another and it's on it's way.

Upvote 0
For those who are interested, here is the partition table with offsets and partition types. Note that the Start/End locations are using 512 byte units, not 1024 byte units, so it looks like the image is 4gb instead of 2gb.

PHP:
Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 7948 MB, 7948206080 bytes
1 heads, 16 sectors/track, 970240 cylinders, total 15523840 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/mmcblk0p1               1       65536       32768    c  W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2   *       65537       66560         512   4d  QNX4.x
/dev/mmcblk0p3           66561       69120        1280   46  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p4           69121     3907584     1919232    5  Extended
/dev/mmcblk0p5           73728       81919        4096   47  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p6           81920       90111        4096   5d  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p7           90112       98303        4096   58  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p8           98304      114687        8192   48  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p9          114688      131071        8192   50  OnTrack DM
/dev/mmcblk0p10         131072      139263        4096   4a  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p11         139264      147455        4096   4b  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p12         147456      770047      311296   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p13         770048     1589247      409600   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p14        1589248     1605631        8192   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p15        1605632     1622015        8192   60  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p16        1622016     1736703       57344   61  SpeedStor
/dev/mmcblk0p17        1736704     1753087        8192   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p18        1753088     1835007       40960   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p19        1835008     1859583       12288   62  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p20        1859584     3907583     1024000   83  Linux

I got this by using this command on the phone:
PHP:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0

I then copied it to my laptop, verified the md5, erased the sd card, and used this command:
PHP:
dd if=mmcblk0 of=/dev/mmcblk0
(note, the source for the sdcard location on your computer may be different, mine was /dev/mmcblk0 since I have an onboard sdcard reader)

After this, I used this command:
PHP:
sudo fdisk -lu

So basically, I have an exact copy of my phone's internals on an sdcard!

Upvote 0
For those who are interested, here is the partition table with offsets and partition types. Note that the Start/End locations are using 512 byte units, not 1024 byte units, so it looks like the image is 4gb instead of 2gb.

PHP:
Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 7948 MB, 7948206080 bytes
1 heads, 16 sectors/track, 970240 cylinders, total 15523840 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/mmcblk0p1               1       65536       32768    c  W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2   *       65537       66560         512   4d  QNX4.x
/dev/mmcblk0p3           66561       69120        1280   46  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p4           69121     3907584     1919232    5  Extended
/dev/mmcblk0p5           73728       81919        4096   47  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p6           81920       90111        4096   5d  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p7           90112       98303        4096   58  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p8           98304      114687        8192   48  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p9          114688      131071        8192   50  OnTrack DM
/dev/mmcblk0p10         131072      139263        4096   4a  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p11         139264      147455        4096   4b  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p12         147456      770047      311296   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p13         770048     1589247      409600   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p14        1589248     1605631        8192   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p15        1605632     1622015        8192   60  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p16        1622016     1736703       57344   61  SpeedStor
/dev/mmcblk0p17        1736704     1753087        8192   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p18        1753088     1835007       40960   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p19        1835008     1859583       12288   62  Unknown
/dev/mmcblk0p20        1859584     3907583     1024000   83  Linux

I got this by using this command on the phone:
PHP:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0

I then copied it to my laptop, verified the md5, erased the sd card, and used this command:
PHP:
dd if=mmcblk0 of=/dev/mmcblk0
(note, the source for the sdcard location on your computer may be different, mine was /dev/mmcblk0 since I have an onboard sdcard reader)

After this, I used this command:
PHP:
sudo fdisk -lu

So basically, I have an exact copy of my phone's internals on an sdcard!

what's up with your P4 partition being almost 2 Gigs?

Aside from that, I think that because we have a 1gb system partition, you'll see me taking up 2/3s of your data partition for images and using it for a 2nd rom/kexec system/data and seeing what the effects are of using those other ~50mb partitions for cache if that's the method we have to go

Upvote 0
what's up with your P4 partition being almost 2 Gigs?

Aside from that, I think that because we have a 1gb system partition, you'll see me taking up 2/3s of your data partition for images and using it for a 2nd rom/kexec system/data and seeing what the effects are of using those other ~50mb partitions for cache if that's the method we have to go

It's because it's an extended partition table, to hold partitions P5-P20.

Sounds similar to getting ICS/JB on the Optimus V. it had much less space than we do on the Rise, so there wasn't much space left on the internal for anything extra.

Upvote 0
It's because it's an extended partition table, to hold partitions P5-P20.

Sounds similar to getting ICS/JB on the Optimus V. it had much less space than we do on the Rise, so there wasn't much space left on the internal for anything extra.
I've seen this extended partition layout before now come to think of it.
And about the Optimus V: Oh yeah, I had the optimus slider, we couldn't even fit a CM9 rom on there without changing the product makefils... and CM10... we were looking into changing the partition layout at the kernel level but found something really cool called union FS, which works at a level on top of the filesystem, so it stored files between 2 or more mounts in the union. I'm sure you could patch it into our 3.0 kernel and make a module out of it to insmod.

Upvote 0
I may have figured out what p9 is for. While looking through the partition with my trusty hex editor (again -_-), I found this snippet of plaintext (which I've found before, I just got results this time!)

Received SLEEP command from AUDPP�Received ROUTING command from AUDPP�Received FLUSH command from AUDPP and Decoder is in PLAYBACK state�The Channel Mode of MIDI Test being Running = %x�Received ROUTING command from AUDPP,ACK with routing mode = %d�The MIDI Pressure value = %x�The dmeBitstreamInFlag value in MIDI = %x�The Sampling Frequency Index of mp3 Test Running = %x�The MIDI Controller Number = %x, Controller Value = %x�Received AUDIO_REQ from AUDPP, decoder in PLAYBACK state,AUDIO_AVAIL = %d(YES=0/NO=-1)�The MIDI Message = %x, Channel Number = %x�The number of MIDI messages to be DME'ed = %x�The Channel Information = %x�AUDPLAY is in SLEEP STATE = %x�The adecChannelMode of ADPCM received from AUDPP = %x�Received DEC_CFG message from AUDPP�The dlsProgDefBase = %x, dlsDrumDefBase = %x�The updated seqMVolume[0] = %x, seqMVolume[1] = %x�Received AVSYNC query command from AUDPP�The updated seqMVolume[2] = %x, seqMVolume[3] = %x�The MIDI Program Number = %x�The value of Decode Done = %x�Sending EOS info to AUDPPTASK�AUDPLAY is in ACTIVE STATE = %x�The Framesize of MIDI Test being Running = %x�The adecChannelMode of YADPCM received from AUDPP = %x�The Hybridmode of MIDI Test being Running = %x�The MIDI Note Number = %x, Note Velocity = %x�The dlsHqProgPtrPtr = %x, dlsHqDrumPtrPtr = %x�The dlsWfInfoBase = %x, dlsHqWfInfoBase = %x�ERROR VALUE the decoder just Processed = %x�The updated audioPause[0] = %x, audioPause[1] = %x�The audPlayActiveSigMask Value = %x�Received ADEC_PARAMS message from AUDPP�The updated audioPause[2] = %x, audioPause[3] = %x�The MIDI PITCHBendMSB = %x, PITCHBendLSB = %x�The aacFormatFlag Value = %x�AUDPLAY Sampling Rate = %x, AUDPLAY Frame Size = %x�The MIDI Volume Look Up Index = %x�The Maxvoicessupported in MIDI = %x�AUDPREPROC Received the CFG_MSG from AUDREC with SmpRateIndex: %d , ChMode: %d�AUDPREPROC Received the IIR_CFG_MSG from ARM EnableFlag: %d , SmpFreq: %d�AUDPREPROC Sends PREPROCESS_END to ARM, audPreProcCurrPipeID: %d�AUDPREPROC Received SLEEP_MSG from AFE, AfeMsgDoneFlag: %d , AudRecMsgDoneFlag: %d�AUDPREPROC sends PCM_AVAIL_SIG to AUDREC, PreProcReadPtrL: %x , PreProcReadPtrR: %x�AUDPREPROC Sends ERROR_MSG to ARM, AfeSampRate: %d�AUDPREPROC Sends AUDREC_PCM_READ_DONE to ARM, audPreProcCurrPipeID: %d�AUDPREPROC Sends PREPROCESS_START to ARM, audPreProcCurrPipeID: %d�AUDPREPROC Received RESET_MSG from AUDREC, AudRecMsgDoneFlag: %d, AfeMsgDoneFlag: %d�AUDPREPROC Received PIPE_READ_MSG from AFE�AUDPREPROC Received the NS_CFG_MSG from ARM EnableFlag: %d , SmpFreq: %d�AUDPREPROC is waiting on WaitSignalMask: %x, ActiveSignalMask: %x�AUDPREPROC Received the AGC_CFG_MSG from ARM EnableFlag: %d , SmpFreq: %d�AUDPREPROC Received the CFG_MSG from AFE with SmpRateIndex: %d , ChMode: %d�AUDPREPROC Sends BUFF_PROCESS to ARM, audPreProcCurrPipeID: %d�AUDREC Send CFG_Message to AUDPREPROC Task, SampRateIdx: %d , ChMode: %d�AUDREC is waiting on signal mask: WaitSignalMask: %x, ActiveSignalMask: %x�AUDREC received SBC ENCODE END �AUDREC received SBC ENCODE START �AUDREC Received RECOBJ1_PARAM_CFG cmd from ARM for SBC, SbcBitRateMSB: %d , SbcBitRateLSB: %d�AUDREC received SBC CONFIG �UP sends BITSTREAM_PTR, RecObjInProcess: %d , audRecUpReadCount: %d�AUDREC Received RECOBJ0_PARAM_CFG cmd from ARM for WAV, SampRateIdx: %d , ChMode: %d [0:Mono 1:Stereo]�AUDREC Received PCM_AVAIL signal from AUDPRE, ReadPtrL: %x , ReadPtrR: %x�AUDREC Received DME Done message, RecObjInProcess: %d , audRecPacketWriteCnt: %d�AUDREC Received RECOBJ0_PARAM_CFG cmd from ARM for AAC, SampRateIdx: %d , ChMode: %d [0:Mono 1:Stereo]�AUDREC Received DME Start message, audRecObjInProcess: %d , audRecPacketWriteCnt: %d�AUDREC received Error message, RecObjInProcess: %d�AUDREC Received CFG cmd from ARM, RecObjInProcess: %d , EncorderType: %d [0:WAV 1:AAC 2:SBC]�AUDPP Received AUDIO_AVAIL from AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d�AUDPP Received AUDIO_REQ message from AUDWRAPPER Device ID = %d�AUDPP Received FLUSH acknowledgment from AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d�AUDPP Sent FLUSH to HLB device to AFETASK�AUDPP Received NO_AUDIO from AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d�AUDPP Sent PAUSE to HLB device to AFETASK�AUDPP Sent pipe config message to AFETASK Pipe ID = %d Enable = %d�AUDPP Sent message to AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d Message ID = %d�AUDPP Sent FAKE_AVSYNC to HLB device to AFETASK�AUDPP Sent RESUME to HLB device to AFETASK�AUDPP Received DEC_STATUS from AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d�AudPP Received a command from Arm with Command id = %d�AUDPP Received EOS acknowledgment from AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d�AUDPP Received AVSYNC query from AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d�AUDPP Received ROUTING_MODE acknowledgment from AUDPLAYTASK Stream ID = %d Routing mode = %d�The waiting signals mask is %x and the active signal mask is %d�AUDPP Received PCM_MSD message from AUDWRAPPER Device ID = %d Stream ID = %d�AudPP Received a message from Afe with Message id = %d�AUDPP Sent AUDIO_READY message to AUDWRAPPER Device ID = %d�AudPP Received a message from AudPlay with Message id = %d�AUDPP Sent AVSYNC_QUERY indication to AFETASK�AUDPP Received AVSYNC message from AUDWRAPPER Device ID = %d Stream ID = %d�AFE got vocoder timing msg from VOICEPROC. Timing ON/OF: %x �AFE send msg to host. Msg Id: %x Payload: %x�AFE got vocoder timing msg from VOICEPROC. TimingParms: %x %x�AFE got hlb volume control msg from AUDPP. Volume Ctrl: %x Volume: %x�AFE got hlb flush msg from AUDPP.�AFE got DTMF gen. command. High Freq: %x Hz Low Freq : %x Hz�AFE got DTMF gen. command. Duration: %x Gain : %x�AFE got sidetone enable/disable msg. SideTone Enable: %x SideTone Gain: %x�AFE got DTMF gen. command. Dest Select: %x �AFE got audio record config msg from AUDPREPROC. Destination Activity: %x Destination Id: %x�AFE got audio record config msg from AUDPREPROC. Source Mix Mask: %x�AFE got hlb resume msg from AUDPP.�AFE got hlb pause msg AUDPP.�AFE send codec config ack to host. Device ID: %x Device Activity: %x�AFE Task initializing ... �AFE got FM RX routing commad. Device Enable: %x Device ID: %x�AFE got aux codec config cmd. Dma Path Ctrl: %x Path Ctrl: %x�AFE got aux codec config cmd. Aux Codec Intf Ctrl: %x�AFE got voice config msg from VOICEPROC. Voice Setup Mask: %x Uplink Sampling Rate: %x�AFE got slope iir filter msg from VOCPROC. Codec Format Reg: %x �AFE got hlb avsync msg from AUDPP. Stream Id: %x�AFE got voice config msg from VOICEPROC. Downlink Sampling Rate: %x Uplink Num Channels: %x�AFE got hlb fake avsync msg from AUDPP. Stream Id: %x AvSync Highest: %x�AFE got codec config cmd. Device ID: %x Device Activity: %x�AFE got hlb fake avsync msg from AUDPP. AvSync Middle: %x AvSync Lower: %x�AFE got codec config cmd. Sampeling Rate: %xK Hz NoOfChannels: %x�AFE got device config msg from AUDPP. Pipe Id: %x Pipe Activity: %x�AFE got codec config cmd. Volume: %x�AFE is waiting on signal mask %x�NO free packet available on arm to send erasure packet�VOCENCTASK control now in enc_frame_proc�VOCENCTASK control now in enc_tty_proc�NO free packet available on arm�Maximum time interval between VFR and enc_pipe_sig is %x and the current interval is %x�Failed to read decoded samples in encoder task for AVM!!!!!!�VOCENCTASK control now in vocenc dec samples proc�Average of system activity:%d Average of system activity:%d�avgActivityAudplay1:%d avgActivityAudplay2:%d�Previous system maxactivity:%d Present system maxActivity:%d�avgActivityVencsig:%d avgActivityModmath:%d�avgActivityVocdec:%d avgActivityVocenc:%d�avgActivityGraphics:%d avgActivityKernelOverhead:%d�avgActivityAudplay3:%d avgActivityAudplay4:%d�avgActivityAudpp:%d avgActivityAudplay0:%d�maxActivityAudrec:%d maxActivityAudpreproc:%d�avgActivityVideo:%d avgActivityVfe:%d�maxActivityAudplay1:%d maxActivityAudplay2:%d�maxActivityVencsig:%d maxActivityModmath:%d�maxActivityVocdec:%d maxActivityVocenc:%d�maxActivityGraphics:%d maxActivityKernelOverhead:%d�maxActivityAudplay3:%d maxActivityAudplay4:%d�avgActivityAfe:%d avgActivityVoiceproc:%d�avgActivityJpeg:%d avgActivityLpm:%d�maxActivityAudpp:%d maxActivityAudplay0:%d�maxActivityVideo:%d maxActivityVfe:%d�avgActivityAudrec:%d avgActivityAudpreproc:%d�maxActivityJpeg:%d maxActivityLpm:%d�maxActivityAfe:%d maxActivityVoiceproc:%d� send PCM initiated from VOIP handler�DECODER MISSED THE PACKET FROM ARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!�VOCDECTASK failed to give the samples to vocenctask decstate=%d�VOCDECTASK requested ARM for packet decDmeStatus=%x�Decoder called from VOIP handler �VOCDECTASK control in dec_set_ttynogain_proc�VOCDECTASK control in dec_afemsg_proc� first pkt request from decoder the timers are %x and %x �VOCDECTASK got the packet from ARM signal %x�VOCDECTASK sends 162 samples to vocproc response to DEC_FRAME_SIG, decstate = %d� subsequest pkt request to ARM after %x duration from previous send PCM�VOCDECTASK control in dec_frame_proc decDmeStatus = %X�VOCDECTASK is waiting on signal mask %x�VOCDECTASK failed to give the samples to voiceproctask decState=%d�Maximum time interval between VFR and INT is %x and the current interval is %x�ERROR!!!No packet available on ARM for VOCDECTASK to read�VOCDECTASK control in dec_up_int_proc decDmeStatus = %x�EOT�

Searching using 'VOCDECTASK' from it brought me to this page:
/* Table of modules indexed by task ID for the COMBO image */ static qdsp_mod - Pastebin.com

Which prompted me to search for 'qdsp', which resulted in:
https://developer.qualcomm.com/category/tags/qdsp

p9 seems to contain qualcomm libs. fun.

Upvote 0
Can someone on this thread possibly dump the first 72mb of mmcblk0 and lnk me to it? Just like that:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/path/to/sdcard/mmcblk0.img bs=1024 count=71680

PLEASE!

There you go, that should be it!

mmcblk0.img

Edit: While posting this I noticed you wanted the first 72mb, that file is 70mb, and I'm pretty sure I entered the command correctly. If it's indeed wrong please tell me I'll run it again :)

This is a c5156 image, if it makes a difference.

Upvote 0
Here is the updated partition lists for the various Rises and the Event. As soon as I get my Hydro in the mail, I'll add it's partition list as well.

I'm pretty certait these are accurate from comparing other devices with Qualcomm Snapdragon S2 chips. (MSM7x30 and MSM8x55)

Sprint / Virgin Mobile Rise
PHP:
mmcblk0p1          SYS_BOOT / AMSS
mmcblk0p2          DBL
mmcblk0p3          OSBL
mmcblk0p4          EXTENDED
mmcblk0p5          ABOOT
mmcblk0p6         
mmcblk0p7         
mmcblk0p8          BOOT
mmcblk0p9          ADSP
mmcblk0p10         MODEMST1
mmcblk0p11         MODEMST2
mmcblk0p12         SYSTEM
mmcblk0p13         CACHE
mmcblk0p14         PERSIST
mmcblk0p15         RECOVERY
mmcblk0p16         FOTA
mmcblk0p17         SYSPROP
mmcblk0p18         CARRIER
mmcblk0p19         DEVLOGS
mmcblk0p20         DATA
Public Mobile Rise
PHP:
mmcblk0p2          DBL
mmcblk0p3          OSBL
mmcblk0p5          ABOOT
mmcblk0p6         
mmcblk0p7         
mmcblk0p8          BOOT
mmcblk0p9          ADSP
mmcblk0p13         CACHE
mmcblk0p16         FOTA
mmcblk0p18         DEVLOGS
mmcblk0p19         USERDATA
Virgin Mobile Event
PHP:
mmcblk0p2          DBL
mmcblk0p3          OSBL
mmcblk0p5          ABOOT
mmcblk0p6         
mmcblk0p7         
mmcblk0p8          BOOT
mmcblk0p9          ADSP
mmcblk0p13         CACHE
mmcblk0p16         FOTA
mmcblk0p18         CARRIER
mmcblk0p19         USERDATA
mmcblk0p20         DEVLOGS
mmcblk0p21         INTERNALSD
Boost Mobile Hydro
PHP:
Cricket Hydro
PHP:
Edit:
I think I *might* know what 6 and 7 are for. Using this as an inaccurate guideline:
https://cooltrainer.org/2012/11/28/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-sgh-i747-complete-cm10-update-guide/
I think it's safe to say that p6/7 are fsg and backup, although I am unsure which is which.
Going by that link, this is the order of the 4 partitions listed:
PHP:
mmcblk0p12         modemst1
mmcblk0p13         modemst2
mmcblk0p20         backup
mmcblk0p21         fsg
So p6 could be backup, and p7 could be fsg.
Time for some more research!

EDIT2:
Also, I was looking at the Kyocera Developers page and noticed that they have indeed actually added the source for the Event, they just mislabeled it as the Hydro. I mean, the body has some very striking similarities, and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if their boards weren't much different.
"Hydro C5133 4.0.4 OS (1.005VM)"

Reactions: sneaky_1
Upvote 0
Ok, i have a hydro but it commited suicide on a forced firmware update from kyocera
It rebooted to a black screen with error 8704 after the 1st logo screen
Cant see it with ADB in that state, and it does not appear to want to even go to the recovery/reset screen

Would it be possible at all to get it to load/boot anything from the SD card?
Sucks kyocera wont even let us have the diagnostic driver and a stock unmodified oem firmware to reflash it with

Upvote 0
Is it possible to swap the whole stock image of VM to Sprint? Any help will be much appreciated. Happy holiday!!!

Judging from the horror of accidentally installing the Sprint ROM on a Galaxy Victory to Virgin Mobile and vice versa, it's a horrible idea. All sorts of things break instantly.

OK so I have a rise and an event both bricked is there anything in the forums I can do to save them when I turn them on it just shows the rise\event boot logos then shuts off and douse it again

Nothing you can do except ask for a warranty replacement, sorry.

Upvote 0
How To make images:

First you need to know where the partition is. Here is a cheat sheet for that:
[HIGH]boot /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
cache /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
data /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
misc /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
recovery /dev/block/mmcblk0p15
sdcard /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
system /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
sysprop /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
carrier /dev/block/mmcblk0p18[/HIGH]

Now, knowing where the partition is you want to create the image of, you have to either open up adb shell or the terminal emulator app then run the command
[HIGH]dd if=/dev/block/<partition> of=/sdcard/<partition>[/HIGH]
so if I wanted to make an image of recovery, the command would be
[HIGH]dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p15[/HIGH]
Then you can find the image on the root of your sdcard. From there I will let you figure out how and where you want to upload it.

Also, I have uploaded an image of each partition on 1.005SP other than system(will do soon), data and cache.

That can be found Listing of 1005SP

If anyone feels like giving me a hand with a side project, I could use a full dump... basically like described in this post, use adb shell as superuser or run in terminal emulator.. the command would be:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0

make sure you got plenty of space on your sd card and this might take a while... I'm looking for the earliest version of a sprint rise and it has to be wiped before you do it because this will copy all data from your phone... If you have a virgin rise, I'm still down even if its the newest firmware but a 4.03 rom would be fantastic.

I have a few C5156's, and I'm gonna give it another go for Clockworkmod recovery... the partitions are in different places on the c5156 so i need to be on the same page as you guys... thats why I need a full nand dump in one chunk.. Eternal thanks would be given to the one who can fulfill this task!!!! ;p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones