1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[compile] Problems with CM ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dk_zero-cool, Dec 26, 2011.

1. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

For the last couple of days I have been trying to build an ICS ROM for desire. I have gotten all kinds of errors and have tried finding solutions for them. At the moment I have a synced versions of CM, Passion, Evervolv and more on my HD. None of them wants to work in their default state. So I have been merging files from all over into the CM9 copy, edited a lot of mk files etc to get these errors to go away. And it workes, except that for every error I make go away, new once comes along.

What I want is one successful build so I can play with the Umbrella HWA fix for Desire. But the latest error gives me no glues about what the problem is.

Code (Text):
    1. host StaticLib: libLLVMSupport (out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libLLVMSupport_intermediates/libLLVMSupport.a)
    2. host Executable: clang-tblgen (out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/clang-tblgen_intermediates/clang-tblgen)
    3. true
    4. Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/clang-tblgen
    5. Building Renderscript compiler (llvm-rs-cc) Option tables with tblgen
    6. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-opt-parser-defs) <= frameworks/compile/slang/RSCCOptions.td
    7. host C++: rs-spec-gen <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_spec_table.cpp
    8. host Executable: rs-spec-gen (out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/rs-spec-gen_intermediates/rs-spec-gen)
    9. true
    10. Notice file: frameworks/compile/slang/NOTICE -- out/host/linux-x86/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//bin/rs-spec-gen.txt
    11. Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/rs-spec-gen
    12. Host RSSpecGen: vdc (gen-clang-builtin-enums) <= out/host/linux-x86/bin/rs-spec-gen
    13. Host RSSpecGen: vdc (gen-rs-data-type-enums) <= out/host/linux-x86/bin/rs-spec-gen
    14. Host RSSpecGen: vdc (gen-rs-matrix-type-enums) <= out/host/linux-x86/bin/rs-spec-gen
    15. Host RSSpecGen: vdc (gen-rs-object-type-enums) <= out/host/linux-x86/bin/rs-spec-gen
    16. Host RSSpecGen: vdc (gen-rs-data-kind-enums) <= out/host/linux-x86/bin/rs-spec-gen
    17. Host RSSpecGen: vdc (gen-rs-data-element-enums) <= out/host/linux-x86/bin/rs-spec-gen
    18. Building Clang attribute list with tblgen
    19. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-attr-list) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/Attr.td
    20. Building Clang attribute classes with tblgen
    21. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-attr-classes) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/Attr.td
    22. Building Clang Common diagnostic tables with tblgen
    23. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-diags-defs -clang-component=Common) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/Diagnostic.td
    24. Building Clang Driver diagnostic tables with tblgen
    25. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-diags-defs -clang-component=Driver) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/Diagnostic.td
    26. Building Clang Frontend diagnostic tables with tblgen
    27. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-diags-defs -clang-component=Frontend) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/Diagnostic.td
    28. Building Clang Sema diagnostic tables with tblgen
    29. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-diags-defs -clang-component=Sema) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/Diagnostic.td
    30. Building Clang declaration node tables with tblgen
    31. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-decl-nodes) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/DeclNodes.td
    32. Building Clang statement node tables with tblgen
    33. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-stmt-nodes) <= external/clang/include/clang/Basic/StmtNodes.td
    34. Building Clang Driver Option tables with tblgen
    35. Host TableGen: vdc (gen-opt-parser-defs) <= external/clang/include/clang/Driver/Options.td
    36. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/llvm-rs-cc.cpp
    37. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs.cpp
    38. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_ast_replace.cpp
    39. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_context.cpp
    40. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_pragma_handler.cpp
    41. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_backend.cpp
    42. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_exportable.cpp
    43. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_export_type.cpp
    44. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_export_element.cpp
    45. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_export_var.cpp
    46. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_export_func.cpp
    47. host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_export_foreach.cpp
    48. frameworks/compile/slang/slang_rs_export_foreach.cpp: In static member function

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Just start with the source they have in the xda thread. It compiles fine.

3. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

Tried it. First I got an error I fixed by adding libgenlock to hardware/qcom/display/Android.mk

Then I got an error like this one
    Code (Text):
    1. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp: In function 'int mapFrameBufferLocked(private_module_t*)':
    2. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:956: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false
    3. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:957: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    4. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp: In function 'int fb_device_open(const hw_module_t*, const char*, hw_device_t**)':
    5. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:1088: error: 'struct framebuffer_device_t' has no member named 'lockBuffer'
    6. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:1116: error: 'struct framebuffer_device_t' has no member named 'numFramebuffers'
    7. make: *** [out/target/product/triumph/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/gralloc.msm7x30_intermediates/framebuffer.o] Error 1
    (This is taken from another thread as an example. But the error was the same)

I fixed that by copying some of the mentioned files from another repo (which by it self did not work either).

I get the same from the CM repo which I tried fixing the same way, but I keep getting the first mentioned error instead now in both repos.

4. SUroot

Nah if its not compiling right, don't change anything. Means you're either missing something from the original repo or doing something wrong. Concentrate on getting the original to compile without changing any source, trust me it does compile if you do it right

5. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

Ok thx I'l try getting it to work in original state :)

6. SUroot

Definitely. Because if you don't (and im speaking from experience), you end up changing an mk here, a cpp there etc etc then within a few minutes you're a million miles away.

Trying to remember, but I dont think the xda thread had everything you need.

You rep sync'd git://github.com/ics-passion-dev/android.git -b ics?

Cant remember if they updated it after my trouble with that repository...

Make sure you have vendor/htc/bravo and device/htc/bravo as when I repo sync, it wasnt there.

7. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

Thats the repo and branch i use yes.
    The device/htc/bravo is there and the vendor/htc/bravo I get from github.com/koush/proprietary_vendor_htc

8. SUroot

9. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

I will start a clean syncing and then try working with this in the morning (It's night here). Thx for your time.

10. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

No use. Now I tried with a 100% unchanged sync and after about 30 minutes of build time I still get this error.

Code (Text):
    1. In file included from hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/qemud.h:21,
    2.                  from development/tools/emulator/system/gps/gps_qemu.c:37:
    3. hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/qemu_pipe.h:29:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    4. development/tools/emulator/system/gps/gps_qemu.c:903: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    5. target thumb C++: gralloc.default <= hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp
    6. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'hw_module_t::dso'
    7. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'hw_module_t::reserved'
    8. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'gralloc_module_t::perform'
    9. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'gralloc_module_t::reserved_proc'
    10. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::pmem_master'
    11. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::pmem_master_base'
    12. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::info'
    13. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::finfo'
    14. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::xdpi'
    15. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::ydpi'
    16. hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:100: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::fps'
    17. target thumb C++: gralloc.default <= hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/framebuffer.cpp
    18. target thumb C++: gralloc.default <= hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/mapper.cpp
    19. target thumb C++: gralloc.qsd8k <= hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp
    20. target thumb C++: gralloc.qsd8k <= hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/gpu.cpp
    21. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp: In function 'int mapFrameBufferLocked(private_module_t*)':
    22. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:956: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false
    23. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:957: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    24. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp: In function 'int fb_device_open(const hw_module_t*, const char*, hw_device_t**)':
    25. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:1088: error: 'struct framebuffer_device_t' has no member named 'lockBuffer'
    26. hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp:1116: error: 'struct framebuffer_device_t' has no member named 'numFramebuffers'
    27. make: *** [out/target/product/bravo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/gralloc.qsd8k_intermediates/framebuffer.o] Error 1
    28. make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    This is what I did

Code (Text):
    1. repo init -u git://github.com/ics-passion-dev/android.git -b ics
    2. repo sync -j4
    3. git clone git://github.com/ics-passion-dev/android_vendor_htc_bravo.git vendor/htc/bravo/
    4. ./vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    5. . build/envsetup.sh
    6. breakfast bravo
    7. mka

11. SUroot

Did you delete the entire root parent directory for every change you made and everything you want replaced.

After the repo sync, I then do "lunch" then I select bravo and then just make

12. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

I made a new root dir with clean sync.
    I tried lunch and selected ev_bravo but got this message

Code (Text):
    1. You're building on Linux
    3. Breakfast menu... pick a combo:
    4.      1. full-eng
    5.      2. full_x86-eng
    6.      3. vbox_x86-eng
    7.      4. ev_bravo-eng
    8.      5. cm_passion-userdebug
    9.      6. cm_passion-eng
    10.      7. full_stingray-userdebug
    11.      8. full_wingray-userdebug
    12.      9. full_maguro-userdebug
    13.      10. full_toro-userdebug
    14.      11. full_panda-eng
    15.      12. cm_crespo-userdebug
    16.      13. cm_crespo4g-userdebug
    17.      14. cm_p4tmo-userdebug
    18.      15. cm_p4vzw-userdebug
    19.      16. cm_p4wifi-userdebug
    20.      17. cm_maguro-userdebug
    21.      18. cm_p920-userdebug
    22.      19. cm_p970-userdebug
    23.      20. cm_p990-userdebug
    24.      21. cm_p999-userdebug
    25.      22. cm_pyramid-userdebug
    26.      23. cm_smb_a1011-userdebug
    27.      24. cm_toro-userdebug
    28. ... and don't forget the bacon!
    30. Which would you like? [full-eng] 4
    31. build/core/product_config.mk:209: *** No matches for product "ev_bravo".  Stop.
    32. Device bravo not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
    33. Found repository: android_device_htc_bravo
    34. Syncing repository to retrieve project.
    36. Done!
    37. build/core/product_config.mk:209: *** No matches for product "ev_bravo".  Stop.
    39. ** Don't have a product spec for: 'ev_bravo'
    40. ** Do you have the right repo manifest?
    But I have vendor/htc/bravo and device/htc/bravo

13. SUroot

Sorry, you DO need the koush proprietory files. My fault, its been a while. Had to go backwards through the IRC chat.

My terminal output:

Code (Text):
    1. dan@laptop02-Ubuntu:~/ics$ . build/envsetup.sh
    2. including device/htc/bravo/vendorsetup.sh
    3. including device/htc/passion/vendorsetup.sh
    4. including device/samsung/maguro/vendorsetup.sh
    5. including device/samsung/tuna/vendorsetup.sh
    6. including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh
    7. including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
    8. including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
    9. dan@laptop02-Ubuntu:~/ics$ lunch
    11. You're building on Linux
    13. Lunch menu... pick a combo:
    14.      1. full-eng
    15.      2. full_x86-eng
    16.      3. vbox_x86-eng
    17.      4. full_bravo-userdebug
    18.      5. full_bravo-eng
    19.      6. full_passion-userdebug
    20.      7. full_passion-eng
    21.      8. cm_passion-userdebug
    22.      9. full_maguro-userdebug
    23.      10. full_tuna-userdebug
    24.      11. full_panda-eng
    25.      12. cm_crespo-userdebug
    26.      13. cm_GT_P7510-userdebug
    27.      14. cm_maguro-userdebug
    28.      15. cm_p920-userdebug
    29.      16. cm_p970-userdebug
    30.      17. cm_p990-userdebug
    31.      18. cm_p999-userdebug
    32.      19. cm_pyramid-userdebug
    33.      20. cm_smb_a1011-userdebug
    35. Which would you like? [full-eng] 4
    37. ============================================
    38. PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    39. PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.1
    40. TARGET_PRODUCT=full_bravo
    41. TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
    42. TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    43. TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    44. TARGET_ARCH=arm
    45. TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
    46. HOST_ARCH=x86
    47. HOST_OS=linux
    48. HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    49. BUILD_ID=ICS_MR0
    50. ============================================
    52. dan@laptop02-Ubuntu:~/ics$ make -j4 otapackage

14. dk_zero-cool

dk_zero-cool Newbie

Makes no difference. Same errors. I think it's the files in device/htc/bravo that is messed up. It's like nothing in there matches the git repo. For an example the device/htc/bravo/vendorsetup.sh has ev_bravo which does not work because it cannot find the device. Change it to full_bravo-eng and it get's found using lunch. It's like this with a lot of these files. Maybe I should make a new set of files using the passion files as base. They seam to fit better into this git.

Maybe this git worked before the commits a few days ago, but it does not anymore. And the bravo device specification files will not work with any git repo which is why I suspect them of being the problem.

15. SUroot

Ask in the irc channel then

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews