• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Complaint with the mytouch

RHatfield25

Lurker
Jul 19, 2009
I went to buy a mytouch today, Im glad i played with it first. I use AnySoftKeyboard(ASK) on my G1 because its the only way i can still type with the dvorak keyboard. It runs like native on the G1 its great. BUT on the mytouch you cant turn off the built in on screen keyboard, so everytime youd want to type with ASK you would have to long touch/input method/ASK thenn you could use it.

I asked the tmobile people and they had no clue how to turn it off.
So i decided NOT to buy it until i knew forsure there was a way to turn off the standard on screen keyboard.

yeah i tried everything. On the g1 you can turn on and off the on screen keyboard with a simple check of a box, but on the mytouch, no such luck.
And i know you have to enable a new keyboard, and it stays enabled, but it dosent default. it just goes back to the stock on screen keyboard. idk. maybe it had something to do with it being an instore model?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones