• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Complaints/grievances about S5 from former S3 owner

HI guys,

I used to have SGS, SGS2 and SGS3 and now have the SGS5.

I was in love with my SGS3. This SGS 5 is so much better, smarter, faster, better built quality, better screen, amazing camera, much better ram, and fantastic battery. I used to avoid switching on Mobile internet as on the S3 the battery was falling like 1% per minute when I was playing online games through it.

I couldn't disagree more with everyone that are saying that SGS5 is not worth it. Yes I agree we all expected the screen to bend and to have holographic features, but lets leave sci-fy and come back to earth.

The screen of my phone is much more responsive and applications are flying over it. Games now are a pleasure to play and the screen is fantastic. Things that I found upgraded from SGS3:

- I can now see my screen when the sun is shinning!
- I can now use wifi and 3g without being worried that my battery will drop in 3-4hs as with the SGS3.
- The camera and photo settings are simply wow! Pictures are visibly better quality even downgraded in Facebook.
- The battery over 24hs with my kind of use (where I simply keep wifi or 3g on all the time), I play fifa 14, NBA, Hobbit game, messaging and everything else.
-I am seriously impressed by the S health. I thought that this is some useless gimmick but it is so good. I actually started running more just so I can compare my results and stats, it is super amazing. I actually started using the heart rate monitor and I am happy with it.

All the negative things which people above mentioned such as quick links and vocabulary words and stuff that u can replace or add to your UI using nearly 200 application for each. I have to agree with the user Jack 58 on that!

Upvote 0
Why did they drop the ability to move the wallpaper side to side? I was also able to use the S1 one handed. Couldn't do that with the S3 or now the S5. Would I swop the S5 for the S1? NO! This is a great phone but you said it all - you didn't choose the S1 it was a gift. Give it back, explain why, and then start missing the stuff you're already used to!!

Upvote 0
Lots of interesting dialogue. But I agree the hype over the GS5 didn't measure up to expectations. Nice fast phone, but it eliminated some really great features and replaced it with some fluff that is rather vapid.

Can anyone tell me how I can edit the dictionary so I can remove words I don't like/need?

If your' talking about learned words, long press the word and select OK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones