• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Complete backup/restore for GS2??

Captpt

Sep 1, 2011
PA
With the Galaxy S2 is is possible to completely backup and restore like the iPhone/iTunes?? I was tremendously disappointed when my WP7 Focus reset itself and when I went to restore it from my backup found Wap7/Zune did very little to restore it back to it's last backup.. Settings, wallpapers, photos, documents and so on were lost and not part of the backup sync.. Really sucked!! Will I be able to backup & restore my Galaxy(when att releases one to me lol) to where it was when I last backed it up like the iPhone/iTunes does??

to get a complete backup like wat ur after, the best option is to root. titanium backup does exactly wat u want, and stores it on the internal sd card.. u can copy this to ur PC if u want. a complete titanium backup and ur phone will be restored to the exact same place as it was :) ive tried it once, and now im never afraid to wipe my phone :D

Hmmm, rooting if I have researched correctly would void the warranty of my GS2 correct?? Kind of leery of voiding the warranty on a phone of this caliber in the first year.. Isn't there a app or service that can back it up without "rooting" it right off the bat??

Upvote 0
Thanks heshanj,
yea I rather not void the warranty so early in the phones life but would like to start backing it up from the beginning.. Damn WP7 I have is still not back to where it was before it reset itself almost 2 weeks ago and some stuff is just gone forever :(

I know it's weird quoting yourself BUT I stopped in my local att store today and chatted with the rep today about the GS2 and he said they will be in their stores for sale by Oct 1st AND when I asked him about rooting or doing anything like iOS users do in jail breaking he said doing this with a droid does not void the warranty... true?? Seems that would be a tech support nightmare for AT&T...

Upvote 0
I know it's weird quoting yourself BUT I stopped in my local att store today and chatted with the rep today about the GS2 and he said they will be in their stores for sale by Oct 1st AND when I asked him about rooting or doing anything like iOS users do in jail breaking he said doing this with a droid does not void the warranty... true?? Seems that would be a tech support nightmare for AT&T...

I will guarantee it is NOT be a "support nightmare" with AT&T as if it does not work they way they had it programed, they will not help you.

As popular as Android is getting, someone needs to step up and give us some decent software. As much money as Samsung has made selling their phones, they should have a killer app and not just Kies. If they would just put someone who knew what they were doing to work on Kies, I would be happy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones