1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Complete Backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by John I, May 20, 2011.

1. John I

John I Well-Known Member

I know the answer will be "no", but I am asking anyway! Is there any way to connect my UNROOTED Atrix to my PC and click one or more buttons and completely back up the phone? What do people do when they drop their phone in the toilet and have to get another? To me not having a simple full backup and restore unacceptable and a serious shortcoming of Android phones in general.

John

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

3. dasanman69

dasanman69 Well-Known Member

You can backup the entire contents of your sd card but not the data on the phone itself or data from apps. What concerns you most?

4. John I

John I Well-Known Member

It just seems like it should be a basic function of any phone to be able to backup and restore everything easily. I can do it with my computer. If the hard disk fails, I simply install a new drive and restore from my external backup drive. My PC automatically backs itself up once a week. I don't carry my computer everywhere I go or use it on boats etc. It seems even more important to be able to backup a phone in case of disaster. If I break my Atrix and have to get a new one, it will take me weeks to get it back to where it is now. Even then I will lose saved games, etc. Would it really be that difficult for AT&T/Google put a backup utility in?

5. dasanman69

dasanman69 Well-Known Member

Well Google backs up your settings, contacts, and paid apps. There are apps to back up your call logs, sms msgs but data from apps can only be saved if you're rooted.

6. John I

John I Well-Known Member

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews