1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Complete Blackberry data transfer to Epic 4G or EVO 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RevDrDr, Jun 11, 2011.

1. RevDrDr

RevDrDr Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    I am in the process of leaving Blackberry due to many, many frustrations with its operation

Advertisement

2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    I came from a BB to an Android (Evo 4G). At my local Sprint store, they had a device that read everything from my BB and ported it over to my Evo. I can only say with certainty that my contacts went across. I can't remember what else was transferred. I would think that app-specific stuff won't get ported.

Maybe someone else knows, or you can ask a Sprint rep at a store what their device is capable of. My BB was ancient (8703e).

3. ferrel

ferrel Newbie
    None

May 25, 2011
    Chemistry, Assistant Professor
    Del Rio, Texas
    I recently got an Epic 4G which I thought would replace my Curve 8330. The contacts did transfer over, although some miscellaneous information I had included in Notes was `rearranged.' I don't know why, but it only took a short while to straighten that out.

Here's the bad news. Nothing else transferred over. I've become very attached to the BB Memo and Password Keeper, and there doesn't appear to be any way to do it, other than the old-fashioned way. Also, the memo on the epic is basically a clipboard that you can save, and is not even analogous to the memo on the curve. Since you can't (at least I don't know how) save a mail message directly to a file on android, I'm still not sure what to do about these two application.

That's why I still have my Curve, as my smartphone, and my Android, as my whatever it actually is. Maybe in the future these devices will be more compatible. I carry them both.