1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Complete data loss in 3g areas -- help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cwazpitt3, Jan 10, 2012.

1. cwazpitt3

cwazpitt3 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    Software Consultant
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I keep losing my data connection completely and the only way I can get it back is if I wipe delvick cache and reboot. This just started happening today randomly. In areas I would normally have strong 4g I have no connection at all. Any ideas? I tried a wipe and different rom but no luck.

Advertisement

2. jhpk13

jhpk13 Newbie
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    I experienced some odd connectivity problems last week. I could not connect to 3G or 4G in a 4G area. Never happened before and have had device for about a month. I pulled the battery and SIM card, waited about 10 minutes, and then put everything back together and turned the phone back on. I now get 4G connection back.

3. dragonflyr

dragonflyr Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 27, 2010
    Ive had my phone since launch day. The past few days i notce 3g goes out...ill have multiple bars, but they turn grey and i get no data. The bars will go up and down, like its connected and active...but i have no data. Often have to reboot to get back online. Really starting to piss me off.

Anyone else...?

Btw...im still stock. Not rooted. Just nova launcher.

4. dawnierae

dawnierae Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2010
    Insurance for fancy ass resorts
    VA
    I've been having a similar problem. I'm on wi-fi at home, and when I leave, I get no connection for a while. I'm also stock, not even a third party launcher.

5. bird jam

bird jam Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    My wife has been having this problem with hers too, while mine doesn't have this issue. I've told her she should take it to Verizon and exchange it.

6. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    I lost all data connection last night. I removed the battery, sim card and toggle airplane mode with no resolution. I called Verizon and they couldn't figure it out either. They suggested replacing the phone now because today is the last day to get a NEW phone as a replacement. They didn't even think a factory resest would help. They are sending me a phone because they said there wasn't another GN within 500 miles of me.

FYI, I can make/receive calls and sms, but no internet or mms. What's weird is that everything works on wifi except I still can't get pics from mms. Anybody explain that?

7. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Android Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2011
    I lost 3g the other week and then it rAndomly came back and been fine ever since...happened after I was on the leaked radios but not right away. After being fine on them for 12 hours without problems. Been running them for weeks now without problems thouhh.

Tags: