• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Complete data loss in 3g areas -- help!

I keep losing my data connection completely and the only way I can get it back is if I wipe delvick cache and reboot. This just started happening today randomly. In areas I would normally have strong 4g I have no connection at all. Any ideas? I tried a wipe and different rom but no luck.

I experienced some odd connectivity problems last week. I could not connect to 3G or 4G in a 4G area. Never happened before and have had device for about a month. I pulled the battery and SIM card, waited about 10 minutes, and then put everything back together and turned the phone back on. I now get 4G connection back.

Upvote 0
Ive had my phone since launch day. The past few days i notce 3g goes out...ill have multiple bars, but they turn grey and i get no data. The bars will go up and down, like its connected and active...but i have no data. Often have to reboot to get back online. Really starting to piss me off.

Anyone else...?

Btw...im still stock. Not rooted. Just nova launcher.

Upvote 0
I lost all data connection last night. I removed the battery, sim card and toggle airplane mode with no resolution. I called Verizon and they couldn't figure it out either. They suggested replacing the phone now because today is the last day to get a NEW phone as a replacement. They didn't even think a factory resest would help. They are sending me a phone because they said there wasn't another GN within 500 miles of me.

FYI, I can make/receive calls and sms, but no internet or mms. What's weird is that everything works on wifi except I still can't get pics from mms. Anybody explain that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones