• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Complete lock-out

MadMomma

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
My youngest daughter has a S7. She shattered the screen, and we did not have it repaired for several months. (Teaching life lessons, etc., etc.) We just had the screen repaired, and my daughter had placed a pass code on the phone which she does not remember. Also, airplane mode is on, and there is no wifi or hotspot capabilities, so we cannot use the find my android feature. Now, one would think that doing a hard reset would solve the problem. Unfortunately, the phone WILL NOT TURN OFF. I've held the power button for 5 minutes, nothing happens. In addition, when I try to use the Volume Up, Home Button, Power Button combo when the phone's battery has run down and is just coming back on, the phone will cycle through the the Samsung information, and then will reboot with the words Samsung and the At&t logo. No little green android man.

Is there any other way to get into this phone?!

It doesn't help you, but airplane mode is irrelevant: find my device allows you to set a screen lock if none is set, but despite the misleading way this is described it does not let you change a screen lock that has been set already. So you'd be no better off if it did connect.

Sounds like there is a problem with the power button, either caused at the same time and not spotted or else caused by the repairer. So another repair is one obvious route.

Some phones will reset if you enter an incorrect screen lock too many times. I don't know whether this is one of those.

Does she remember her Google login? If you succeed in hard resetting it you will need that to get back in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones