1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Complete Lookout App Removal & Uninstallation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n1nj4Lo, Jan 12, 2016.

1. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast

I don't use it got other app's for that, also apparently have root, but when I root or play store uninstall it, it's still there waiting for a update.

How else can I completely get rid of it, not freezing it? Other than freezing it.

#1 n1nj4Lo, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Titanium backup?

scary alien likes this.
  3. n1nj4Lo

Can't say that I've tried it since I don't use it and lean more towards other backup app's, I gave up on TiBu cause its complexity.

4. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I use it for uninstalling system apps or bloat like Lookout. Highly recommend the paid version like many users in this forum.

scary alien likes this.
  5. n1nj4Lo

It said failed to locate apk file when I swipe right and click the uninstall button, gave TiBu root access and Lookout still opens.

6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

do you have Root Explorer (it's a paid app)?

scary alien likes this.
  7. n1nj4Lo

I have rom toolbox pro which I believe includes that.

scary alien likes this.
  8. n1nj4Lo

9. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

@n1nj4Lo,

Try going into your Settings app -> Security -> Device administrators and see if Lookout is in that list--if so, un-check the app and then try a normal removal.

From their Play Store description:

Note:

①. Lookout requests access to a number of Android permissions such as camera, location and hardware control in order to be able to wipe all of your personal and private information from your lost or stolen device. Read our permissions here: https://www.lookout.com/permissions

②. Activating “Device Administrator” gives your phone an extra layer of protection, and you are unable to uninstall Lookout without unchecking “Device Admin” under Lookout “Settings”.

Also, from their FAQ page:

How do I uninstall Lookout?
    You will first need to remove lookout as device admin.
    • Within the Lookout app go to Menu > Settings. Scroll down to "Device Admin" and uncheck the box.
    • You can also do this by going into your Android Settings > Security > Device administrators and unchecking the box next to Lookout
    Once you have completed the above steps you will be able to delete our app the same way you would delete any other app:
    • Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Lookout > Uninstall
    Note: Lookout comes preloaded on some devices, which means it is impossible to delete the app. This is a decision made by your carrier. While you can't uninstall the app, you can still deactivate it.

Hope that helps!

:)

zimlokks, tube517 and viperdink like this.
  10. n1nj4Lo

Just did that and it's completely gone now with no update option...

I went and disabled it just from within lookout settings, deleted the leftover system/priv-app folder.

Lookout was an annoying pesky bugger it disabled some of my widgets and I had to reapply them one of them I had to uninstall and reinstall. LoL

Tried removing it last week and I forgot which way I did it, maybe with just simple es explorer's app uninstaller and it was still sitting there in the play store waiting for a update.

11. Soapy214

Soapy214 Newbie

NVM

12. n1nj4Lo

Thats what i believe i tried the first time and it didn't fully remove, its gone now but before the first time around it was in play store waiting for a update to be installed.

Soapy214 likes this.

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews