1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Complete noob needs advice which rom to improve battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uktivo, May 1, 2012.

1. uktivo

uktivo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Hi All.

I've finally got around to flashing to my already rooted S2 today the ICS stock firmware update. Now running 4.0.3 on a GTi9100.
    I then flashed a kernel to root my phone again - 3.0.15-i9100XWLP7

So currently have ics with root access.

Now.. I've been reading lots of reports about battery usage being dire on ICS. I do use my phone for work, so it currently does the following functions:

1 x Exchange account on push
    2 x Hotmail accounts on manual (although mail still seems to keep being delivered even if I haven't sync'd it)
    1 x Mac mobile me account on poll every 4 hours
    1 x face book account

I tend to leave Wifi on most of the day and BT goes on when I'm driving, although I do tend to plug the phone into the USB to charge if I'm going to be any period of time.

Some calls.. not many

some web browsing mostly in the evening.

I really would like some very simple advice about which rom in your very informed opinion would best suit me..
    Then, if possible, a link to the correct file to flash would be very greatly appreciated. Being a noob, I find all this talk of dingdongxx11.4.5typ etc.. a little confusing.. Make it simple for me please. I'm old :D

Thank you for any help you can give me....

Advertisement

2. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Coventry
    If all you are looking for is simplistic no frills ICS the F1 would be a good choice

[ROM][AOSP][4.0.4][IMM76I][01-05-12] F1 GalaxyNexus| Pure Galaxy Nexus Experience - xda-developers

currently im running D4 rom with latest siyah kernel and get above average battery, its as simplistic as you want to make it but in the ota app and rom control theres a lot extra you can do with it

[ROM][4.0.4][AROMA][OTA][TABLET MODE] D4 Rom v10 - D4 Theme Engine v4.0 [29/04/2012] - xda-developers

and here is a link to siyah kernel

http://www.gokhanmoral.com/

Have a look at the next link by the people onboard at this forum sharing thier experiences with different roms

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...s-rom-reviews-post-your-own-reviews-here.html

enjoy the reading :)

3. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England