• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Complete wipe back to original... Please help!

anhtu402

Lurker
Feb 13, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I feel very lost. I recently tried to 'Root' my phone from a different website and it messed it up. Reason being is that during the 'rooting process' and error appeared and I had no clue how to resolve it.

Thus my Android Software took a step backwards. The results of it is as follows:

SOFTWARE INFORMATION:
Firmware version
2.1-update1

Baseband Version

Kernel version
2.629-ac94cf60

ETC... basically it's back to 2.1 and I cannot update it.

I been trying to search for something to 'restore it back to factory' but I know I changed something in the software that would not let me do anything except downgrade it.

Please help me find a thread or something that I could restore then try to root it properly. Thank you!

Welcome to the forums :). It sounds like you followed some really old directions there. The problems with things like this is that our methods have to change over time as updates are released. Likely, you flashed something from a rooting method that was meant for an older version. Can you get the following information:

1) Hboot version (turn the phone off then turn it back on while pressing and holding volume down)
2) While in hboot, do you have S-ON or S-OFF (I'm nearly positive whatever you did did *not* give you S-OFF, but it would be helpful to verify).

Once that is done, I'll give you a link to a file that will get your phone back to stock. Then you can root using the unrevoked method. Detailed instructions can be found here.

Upvote 0
Actually I do have S-Off... It has,,

SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF (BUT IN GREEN)
HBOOT-2.10.0001
MICROP-041f
Touch PANEL=ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-1.36.00.04.02
Oct 15 2010, 12:07:00

Interesting. Got a link to the instructions you followed? The only way that could have happened is if you flashed unrevoked forever somehow, then flashed a really old RUU (PC36IMG.zip, most likely). I'm sure we can get you on track, but just so I know exactly what you did first, can you give me the link?

EDIT: Also, if you go to hboot, then select recovery, where does it take you?

Upvote 0
Ok, well, at some point you flashed a really old file. In any case, you have S-OFF, which is all you need. Since you're so far behind, I'll have you do this the slightly easier way. Go here, and follow the instructions to flash the PC36IMG.zip version of the Sprint Lovers ROM. Either before or after that, go here, and flash the recovery of your choice. Had you done the unrevoked method (probably what you should have done, but no matter :)), you would have gotten Clockwork 2.6.0.1, so that's a good choice. Some people (myself included) prefer Amon RA. In any case, just follow the instructions in the link to flash it. That will get your radios and ROM updated to what it needs to be, along with giving you a custom recovery. I suggest you also read the Rooting for Dummies sticky guide at the top of the rooting section. There is a lot of valuable information there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones