1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Completely Silent Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Colmss, May 18, 2011.

1. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Hi,

when I press my Fingerprint reader long, I can switch to airplane mode or turn off the ringtone (and keep vibration).
    On my old Nokia I had
    Ringtone and vibration
    Vibration
    Neither Ringtone nor Vibration but still connectifity

Can I create that last profile on my Atrix? I couldn't find an option :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

What are you trying to actually do? Just have the phone Silent with no vibration or ringtone? Like the phone doesn't move or react when you have it on Silent Mode?

3. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

I want three modes for my phone
    Ringtone+Vibration
    Vibration Only
    Nothing (No ringtone, no vibration)

And of course I don't want to go to settings every time to switch vibration on/off...

4. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

ahh, I understand now what you meant when you said Nokia. But to answer your question, the Android phone does not have the option like Nokia phones to set our profile like Silent Mode, Outdoor, Normal...ect

BUT, there is an app for that, it is called egg n' stone. You can find this application for free on the Android Market, just go to search and type in egg n' stone. It will do exactly what you are looking for, you can set it to vibrate only, dead silent, silent, etc.

make sure you download the one that is under profile

5. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks. Just what I've been looking for.

Small correction: It's called "Profiles" and the developer is "egg n' stone"

6. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

Also, you can try "Silent Toggel Widget" which does all three from any home screen.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews