1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support completely stuck,

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tezride, May 1, 2012.

1. tezride

tezride Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    hey, ive recently got my first smart phone, xperia ray, which came with a small sd card, so ive brought a new one from amazon and now when i do what i did before to get music onto my phone it wont work. looked through my phone and i cant find anything thats not allowing my music to save to card. tryed to load it as 'external storage' and still nothing. its really annoying me. all i want is some music on my phone.... any help would be great, thanks! :mad:

Advertisement

2. firestarteruk

firestarteruk Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    has the card got to be formated before use. If you go into settings and storeage, does it show your card as something that can be used, you need to scroll down, that will tell you if the phone has mounted the memory

3. tezride

tezride Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    well it gives me an option to unmount sd card, so i guessedit could read it, but im a n00b at things like this, driving me crazy.:alberteinstein:

4. Jake-SonyXperia

Jake-SonyXperia Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Do the following,

Menu > Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card > Erase SD card.

This should allow you to access the SD card freely, however just remember if you wish to view the handsets contents in a file structure you will need to download a File Manager such as Astro File Manager.

5. firestarteruk

firestarteruk Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2012

Oh thx for the advice on downloading Astro file manager, thats a real gem, thanks

6. tezride

tezride Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    my internets been down for a while hence why no reply, but thank you. i erased the memory, and it now allows me to put music on to it but, it now doesnt let me take / save pictures to it AT ALL and move any applications to it, and if it does let me move them on to it, it deletes the data after a random period of time. i hate this memory card. :mad: any ideas?

7. sturiellet

sturiellet Newbie
    None

May 22, 2012
    to me, this would be indicative of a faulty memory card... wouldn't amazon change it back?