• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root completely weird....

androidlover14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2010
Orlando, FL
Ok one of the weirdest things happened just now.

I switched back to UD 8 last night just cause. I had on BB 0.5 b4 if that matters. I didn't wipe data or cache either (Don't know if that matters or not). So for some reason both launcher pro and android system force closed. So I went to UD settings and put fix permissions. I then switched to ADW Launcher to see if that helped.

That helped for a little while but while i was in a call a few minutes later I press the home button and it doesn't even work!!! I pressed back until I hopefully went back to the homescreen. It first of all never went back to the homescreen and second of all just stayed in the browser and another note is that while I tried to go home it didn't work but when I held the home button it showed my recent apps.

So I did a battery pull and all it did was stay in the boot animation for almost ten minutes. Now I just have the battery out to let the droid cool down. The CPU was getting pretty hot. Was this just an overheat or did my droid just flip out on me. Would like to know if something similar to this has happened to anyone else for future reference. I know I'm definitely not bricked but what would be the right steps to get back to my normal droid.

edit: all of this happened after I put the sense theme, keyboard, and revolution theme onto my sdcard. While the files were on my laptop they gave my laptop the blue screen of death. I found these files in another thread on this site. Could they be killer files set out to kill any device that they are on. Perhaps. But idk what to do still.

Ok one of the weirdest things happened just now.

I switched back to UD 8 last night just cause. I had on BB 0.5 b4 if that matters. I didn't wipe data or cache either (Don't know if that matters or not).

Yeah, when switching to a different ROM w/o removing the existing data can cause data to be mixed up and cause faults.

Reactions: androidlover14
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones