• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'Component Issues'

Problem is HTC released some many high end phones in the last 8 weeks and they all use a mixture of the same parts for the most part. HTC just aren't able to keep up with the demands of their products.

I have a DHD, and recommend you hang on a wait for one. Nothing like it or better at the moment. If you get something else, your only settling for something not as good.

Upvote 0
I'd say 'component issues' are 'lack of'....

As stated above it doesnt matter how many phones (of all models) HTC want to sell, they will be heavily reliant upon components from third parties and their own capability and to put them together (or whoever does it for them).

Its not unusual for a new top spec phone to be out of stock in the first month or so. Especially with the reviews that the HD has received. If you want the best you have to wait or buy another phone.

Their WP7 phone is readily availble cos no-one wants it. Who would want to risk a new platform following the disaster that was 6.5 - compared to Android or iP. WP7 is probably where android was a year ago in terms of apps and functionality.

Upvote 0
You may be right on the 'lack of' comment, however that leads us back to HTC making a huge mistake in the ratio of DZs, WP7 phones and DHDs they have been producing.

In the case of the DZ it seems obvious to anyone that the DHD would sell massively more units so why the huge production disparity. The components are virtually identical apart from the screen.

Upvote 0
The processors are virtually identical.

HD - 8255 (1Ghz)
Z - 7230 (800Mhz)

Both cores have pretty much the same feature set and are both second generation snap dragons.

I believe the HD is the only phone currently using the 8255 and the Z and G2 are the only phones using the 7230. I would think the odds of qualcomm being the bottle neck here are very very small.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones