• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Comprehensive Emulator Guide

Talking of mame4droid.. Anyone know how to corectly edit the ini or config file to get the video to flip in either the x or y axis so you can view the games as a mirror image (yes I've built a tiny holloseum).
The command appears to be:

619 -[no]flipx
620 -[no]flipy
622 Flip (mirror) the game screen either horizontally (-flipx) or
623 vertically (-flipy). The flips are applied after the -rotate and
624 -ror/-rol options are applied. The default for both of these options
625 is OFF (-noflipx -noflipy).

But when i try to edit ini files of cfg files and add

-flipx

on the phone ,they get changed back. I suspect I'm doing it wrong.. I hope the phone version supports this feature?

Anyone know precisely how to use these commands?

Upvote 0
Awesome list.. But you really need to add DosBox Turbo to the list under DOS emulators.

Its only a month old, but it is the best and fastest DOS emulator I've tried, supports keyboard/trackpad and external mice on my TF101, and its fast, stable has awesome support for profiles and has some of the best mouse/control emulation I've seen to date in an emulator. Oh and it's a buck cheaper than andosbox to boot!

I've been playing lots of daggerfall and fallout lately.

Here's a video I found on Youtube showing it beating the other Android DosBox emulators in a DOOM timedemo benchmark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8n9LUrAMc

Upvote 0
Awesome list.. But you really need to add DosBox Turbo to the list under DOS emulators.

Its only a month old, but it is the best and fastest DOS emulator I've tried, supports keyboard/trackpad and external mice on my TF101, and its fast, stable has awesome support for profiles and has some of the best mouse/control emulation I've seen to date in an emulator. Oh and it's a buck cheaper than andosbox to boot!

I've been playing lots of daggerfall and fallout lately.

Here's a video I found on Youtube showing it beating the other Android DosBox emulators in a DOOM timedemo benchmark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8n9LUrAMc

I am going to make some updates this weekend.

Thank u for sharing this ill try it out now:)

Upvote 0
I updated the Front page for the following:

MAME4Droid Reloaded ! The ultimate Arcade emulator is here :) (this also wiped out all the missing Arcade emulators I had)

Alynx the Atari Lynx emulator

DosBox Turbo: The newest and greatest Dosbox emulator !

Keep reporting new emus folks!

In other related development news:

Explusalpha has confirmed he is working on a Saturn emulator as well.
Yabause for Android is also still being worked on as a side project by Paulscode. Paul is very optimistic that Yabause could be full speed on Android. Current hurdles are:

Making the code more Android friendly
Enabling Dynarec
Enabling Sound

Truly an exciting time in Android emulation

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
you mention that a DS emulator isn't far off now, i'm guessing that means its been optimized to playable speeds now for some games.

DS gaming on my transformer prime for example would be unreal.

Also by not far off do you mean we should expect somehthing before the year is out/longer then that/ sooner

Well I know the dev got open gl working as well as sound.

He had hoped to release it sooner but he is still trying to increase speed some.

I have a feeling when the new a15 cores the nds and the saturn emulators will be near full speed. A15 phones are expected to launch end of this year

The a15 is supposed to offer 3-4x the performance of the current arm cores.

At least this was the opinion of the mame4droid reloaded dev

Reactions: Netherdragon
Upvote 0
Well I know the dev got open gl working as well as sound.

He had hoped to release it sooner but he is still trying to increase speed some.

I have a feeling when the new a15 cores the nds and the saturn emulators will be near full speed. A15 phones are expected to launch end of this year

The a15 is supposed to offer 3-4x the performance of the current arm cores.

At least this was the opinion of the mame4droid reloaded dev

Ah fair play.

Good to know the fundamentals are all working and its just optimization then.

I hope it will work at a decent level on the tegra 3 proccessor (a9), would like to keep my prime for running stuff like this for a while yet and would hate to have to get a tegra 4 tablet/phone just to run an emulator.

Upvote 0
Ah fair play.

Good to know the fundamentals are all working and its just optimization then.

I hope it will work at a decent level on the tegra 3 proccessor (a9), would like to keep my prime for running stuff like this for a while yet and would hate to have to get a tegra 4 tablet/phone just to run an emulator.

Imo replace phone once a year :)

Upvote 0
So I have some news on FPSE

Open gl should soon work on devices with a mali gpu without using any kind of odd work arounds. (Samsung galaxy line of phones)

For this who have not tried open gl on FPSE I highly recommend it.

The ps1 games hve better graphics on ur phone then on the ps1 !

All games work in open gl except for a crash in FF7 which Schtruck is working on fixing.

Fpse will also soon be getting a new and improved game selection gui

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones