• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Comprehensive Emulator Guide

Alright then I suppose I'll start looking around! Thanks!

Most of these emus worked amazing even on my Nexus one.

The high end phones are more for say

N64
PS1 with open gl
NDS
Dreamcast
Sega saturn

We shouls hopefully see improvments in the above emus over the course of a year.

A phone with the upcoming A15 arm cores will be best

Upvote 0
I updated the main thread to include the following:

1. Link to PSP emu for Android:
PPSSPP - a PSP emulator that's both fast and portable

This PSP emu is made by the same guy who did Dolphin for PC. I am hopeful he can get it full speed. Already it runs the same on Android as it does on PC. Only issue is overall compatibility (a problem for all PSP emus).

Since this is made by the guy who did dolphin I hope this means we can see Dolphin on Android in the future soon too !

Secondly:

Those who like Grim Fandango will be happy to see that you can already play it full speed on Android using Residual VM (will take a little work for initial setup)

forums.residualvm.org :: View topic - Android and IOS ports

This is still in a test build phase. I am hoping they polish it up and do an official release soon.

Upvote 0
I have yet to get the PSP emu to work with any game and have tried quite a few that work fine on the PSP.

Based on how and what works so far, no harm no foul, but appreciate the effort.
The site lists only a few games working right now.

What is important is that the few that do work are full speed.

This is still a very early and unexpected suprise

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones