• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Comprehensive review of Bionic (that was quick)

Looks like VZW will have a winner on their hands. Seems the time was invested well. Now looking forward to the posts of "I got 24 hours of battery life!" with no articulation of actual use, nor time duration ;)

Intitial buzz is the battery life may be pretty good.

and then again....from androidandme (retweet):

"Initial indication of battery life on the DROID Bionic is far from impressive. I'm at 40% after only 3.5 hours."

Upvote 0
and then again....from androidandme (retweet):

"Initial indication of battery life on the DROID Bionic is far from impressive. I'm at 40% after only 3.5 hours."

Of course that does not state what they were doing, if it was from full charge, etc...

But then some one doing a time laps video of it being used consistently would not satisfy some either.

Upvote 0
What would work better is for everyone to set their device to 75% for audio and display, then stream the same Flash video content from 3g and then 4g for two hours and see how much battery is left. Flash video is the ultimate test for battery efficiency.

I am waiting for the next gen LTE chipsets that have on the fly 3g/4g switching and are 28nm fab (better battery life). We will probably see those in mass production in early 2012. My area might have 4g by then......

Reactions: dragma
Upvote 0
That doesn't sound too good for the bank. hehe

yeah, we get like the same 10 customers or so everyday. It's just a small community bank with only like 9 locations heh.

Pssshhhh everyone knows banks print their money =P hahahaha.

Nah, a bank makes money on the deposits and investments, and people having fines...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones