• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer can't read new 16 GB card?!?!?!

Tommy360

May 10, 2010
So, I have Itunes Agent and when I had the 2 GB card it synced perfectly, no problem. So I get the 16GB card and my computer suddenly doesn't even 'recognize' that there's a device connected. WTF?!?!? So, not very computer savvy, I figure it must be the computer because the card seems fine in the phone? Any ideas folks?

Yes, I have phone set to disc drive. Card is in the phone not directly into PC because I didn't with the 2 GB card. The card is formatted in the phone, just like the 2 GB card was....

My only guess was that the memory card reader doesn't work for SDHC (high capacity) cards, but since you're using the phone as the "reader" I'm not quite sure why it isn't reading it.

Did you try just tossing it in any reader you might have? It should work the same way, assuming there's nothing special set up for the phone on your PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones