• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer Data Cable connection not working right?

Sphagnum

Dec 31, 2009
I plugged my new moment's USB-microUSB data cable into my PC and my PC automatically installed drivers for it and all, but I'm thinking that the phone is supposed to show up as a new drive on my system, but it doesn't...

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, anyone have success at doing this? Not sure how else to transfer data to my phone manually without having to pull the SD card out and plug it in...

you need to pull down the notification bar at the top once you opened the notification bar press USB connected then itll ask you to mount it press mount after you did that and added what ever you wanted to add to your sd card make sure u go back to the notification bar and unmount before you unplug it from your computer.

If i was you id goto page 59 in your basic user guide that came with your phone the basic user guide really will help a lot.

Upvote 0
@dkjones96/njbianco I wasn't getting any notifications, guess that was my problem. I unmounted my card, turned off the phone, pulled the card in and then rescured it. Upon restarting the phone and then plugging it back into the USB cable, I got the "USB connection" notification up top. After mounting it as you said, it works now. Thanks for the help.

@Grandmasterlarry I did read, no need belligerent. I searched and didn't find anything. Probably was using the wrong search terms, but nothing that came up helped me. As to which cable I was using, it was the one that came in my Samsung Moment's box originally, not anything after market...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones