1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Computer does not recognize the EVO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Regar93, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Regar93

Regar93 Lurker

I did a search for this issue and I did not find anything helpful.

My Dell laptop (Windows 7) is not seeing my Evo as an external drive via USB. I have tested the USB slots and they do work. I also took the phone to a Sprint store and it linked up to with their computer just fine. Not sure what is wrong but back when I moved from the Hero, I connected that to this computer with no issues in order to move pics, etc.

When I plug in to the computer, the phone lights up but no window pops up asking how I want to connect (ie disk drive, etc). The phone does not show on the computer as a drive, and nothing in the tray.

Anyone have any ideas? thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TF1984

TF1984 Android Enthusiast

1. Uninstall any/all HTC programs currently on your PC.
    2. Install newest HTC Sync (for drivers)... HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Downloads
    3. Reboot PC
    4. Reboot phone
    5. Connect and test

...alternative solution/troubleshooting...
    1. Do you have custom rom installed? If so, what and also what kernel?

3. rascaldoc

rascaldoc Newbie

same problem here except the choice does pop up as to how to connect, and the computer does see the phone as a drive, but my HTC SYNC, doesn't "see a connected device. I uninstalled everything from my PC last night and reinstalled the software and rebooted the PC (did not hard reboot the phone yet) and it still doesn't "see" the phone. I even ran cc'cleaner on my registry after uninstalling to get rid of all the old links.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews