• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root computer dummy

First of all I'm not to computer savey. My boss rooted my daughters nook color with clockworks , manuel nooter and so on. ok my sons is working fine but hers will no longer show zeam launcher , soft keys and home when powered up or when i hit the nook button. Ive tried reloading manuel nooter with no avail. kinda need some help.

First of all I'm not to computer savey. My boss rooted my daughters nook color with clockworks , manuel nooter and so on. ok my sons is working fine but hers will no longer show zeam launcher , soft keys and home when powered up or when i hit the nook button. Ive tried reloading manuel nooter with no avail. kinda need some help.
Can you try searching for zeam and launching it that way? Not sure I'm understanding exactly what's happening, but it sounds like the device is running the B&N stuff OK, but you can't get to any of the extra goodies. Is that correct? If not, what are you seeing on the screen? Are you only missing links to the non-standard apps?

Upvote 0
If you want your default desktop to be the B&N home screen with the pretty book covers and Today bar at the bottom, you can create an icon to launch Zeam or any other launcher you like. Download the Nook Color App Manager from the Market. Run it, and select both itself and your launcher (zeam) with a long-press, then select Add to Apps. Icons will be created on the B&N Today bar that you can drag around as you like, and they'll be added to the B&N Apps list as well.

I've got mine set up so the 'n' key goes to the B&N selector on 1st press, B&N home screen on 2nd (the default B&N behavior). I tap the Zeam icon on the screen, or tap the Search icon to locate it when I want to open the lid and get inside. Keeps it all prettier and simpler, plus I'm learning my way around stock to help others out. I like emphasizing the reader functionality first. It helps me focus on productive reading rather than playing with the toy itself.

Reactions: chad waltman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones