1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Computer nerd apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kobra7734, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Kobra7734

Kobra7734 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    New York
    I see alot of app list and widget list but none for interaction with desktop/laptop wondering if anyone has good apps for computer nuts
    I have a few like
    gmote
    remote web desktop
    airdroid
    (probably not too many in here being this is a rugged outdoors phone lol)

Advertisement

2. Spike G

Spike G Android Enthusiast
    None

i nerd out all the time on my commando, but mostly to fool around with root things and scripts and finding ways to unpack nandroids i've made.
    i tried the apps youre using but i'm not a big fan, it was just too complicated so i simplified things by using swiFTP which is a FTP server app, so i can wirelessly transfer files with anyone on the same network as me without a secondary app to download on a computer. Also, busybox is a must have for running scripts and messing with the terminal emulator. If youre just looking to do things between the computer and commando, i do use twist player for my music and videos, it automatically wirelessly syncs with my computer to update my music and it downloads album covers automatically.

3. Kobra7734

Kobra7734 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    New York
    i have rooted but not really gonna get into script and that yet already bricked 1 phone gonna look around and learn more first as for the apps gmote i use religiously i have a 2tb external hd with around 300gb of movies and tv shows and 100gb of music with my computers wired to my tv so it is a good app for me

4. syncor

syncor Newbie
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    Have been using AirDroid for over a month. free app with lots of good features. manage your phone on your computer through wifi. great for messaging, managing apps, ringtones and whatever else you can think of.