• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer Not Recognizing my Andriod?

Whibble

Lurker
Nov 22, 2011
So I've had this phone for two or so weeks now, and after installing Skyrim (I don't know if this has anything to do with it, just throwing it out there), suddenly my computer stopped recognizing my Android. There's no drop down notification bar, but the phone charges. There's no recognition from my computer. No error messages, no nothing.

I'm running Windows 7, my Android SCH-R720 was perfectly up to date. I've tried multiple computers, multiple SD cards, multiple USB cables, a factory reset, etc. Help?

if you have tried multiple computers and data cables i personally would chalk it up as a defaulted phone. I had this issue as well but all it took was paying 10 bucks for a data cable from the metro store at the corner and I havent had a problem since. Try uninstalling all the samsung drivers make sure that usb debugging is unchecked and try a fresh install of the drivers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones