• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help computer not recornizing my moment! error!! help!

ok so im working on putting the new update on my wifes phone and i already installed the drivers needed on my windows xp ..... but everytime i plug in my wifes moment it says usb device not recognized .. one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned!! ive tried everything i installed from sprint download site. i have tried samsung studio. also the tethering site .. also just the drivers nothing seems to work !! im out of ideas and i need help!! please let me know any thing or somewhere i can find my answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because sprint doesnt help me worth shit and o ya my corp store here for sprint doesnt do updates wtf is up with that!!!:mad::thinking::mad::thinking::mad::thinking:

hopefully it works ! i am at work now dangit but will be trying this soon as i get home in like 8 hours!!!!!!! damn!!! owell wife is just gonna have to wait muahahah <-- evil laugh! lol ! thanks and hopefully this works,, o and ya i tried turning off phone and restarting after debugging and all that! ..... LOPEZ LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS!!!!

Upvote 0
no such luck :( i think im going to give up! ive tried for three days now. everyday i wake up thinking this is going to be it! what a croc! unplugged everything sat for 5 mins plugged in. rand swupdate put phone in the update mode connected to the usb" usb not recognized or malfunctioned" pops up. I honestly think if i see it again im going to smash my computer. so i will not try until theres a solid solution posted here.

Upvote 0
well atleast yours goes where u can see your pictures !!!!!!!!!! soon as i plug in my phone the error comes up where it can not recognize!! sucks!!!!! sprint cant help me either and my corp store sucks! so wtf ! please android peeps out there help lol!! thanks to everyone that has tried so far but no luck damn!!! r.i.p moment real soon lol

Upvote 0
didnt work unpluged everything on my comp and nope didnt work ! all my other devices for my usb connection works such as my mouse and printer and my htc hero! but nope moment dont work at all.... so what now ? can it be my moment??? i tried reseting to factory settings and that didnt work either!! so wtf now please help!!!

Upvote 0
I never had this problem with the phone, but I remember having USB issues in the past and my IT guy told me that XP has a some flaws in the management of the USB ports. I was having an issue viewing my thumb drive and it turned out the XP assigned the same drive letter to the thumb drive as the one that is had already assigned to a time clock I have connected to my PC. We had to go in and assign a new drive letter to the thumb drive to get it to work. I don't know if that is you problem or not, but it might be worth a try. Google "how to change the drive letter in xp", and good luck. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
man nothing seems to work on it! im scared it might be the phone its self now because i have tried it on diffrent computers and not working!! so prolly phone! but then again i do have my htc hero drivers installed along with htc sync and all that i wonder if thats the problem!! hmmm not sure but out of the 130 plus people that viewed this noone knows wtf is going on with mine and any other persons moment thats having this same issue! it sucks!!!!!! lucky us right!!

Upvote 0
I had the same problems when I installed 2.1 and also when installing live wallpapers. I found that my older dell laptops would not work at all maybe because they have the older slower USB ports. My desktop worked both times it has the USB2 ports. I had to uninstall and reinstall the updater to get it to work. I think there are issues with the USB drivers not loading right. Try downloading a new copy of the updater and reinstall

Upvote 0
so i finally got fid up of trying to fix this problem on diffrent computers so i called sprint and bitched them out for like 30min till finally there going to replace my moment free of charge and send me a phone over night! why couldnt they do that n the first place! they said some of the moments had this problem its not your computer lopez it might be your phone call sprint and bitch them out and tell them u tried everything!! hopefully you get it replaced and ill keep you guys on the up see if it works !! thanks for all your input peace!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones