1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Computer will not recognize phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turbanicusgt, May 3, 2011.

1. turbanicusgt

turbanicusgt Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    So, I spent the better part of my first 6 months with my Epic tethering with PDANet. The connection started getting shaky and dropping, even when trying to transfer music over to my phone, much less when trying to tether. I took the phone in to Sprint and they ran a diagnostic on it and said everything was fine. I came home and plugged my phone in and now my computer will not recognize the phone, nor install the ADB drivers.

When I plug it in it installs 3 drivers automatically: "Samsung CDMA Technologies", "Samsung Mobile Modem", and "Samsung Mobile Modem Serial" ... When I try to redirect the drivers to the ones downloaded and installed from the Samsung site, Windows tells me they are up-to-date. (I am running on Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.)

So my situation is this: I cannot transfer files to/from my computer through a USB cable and, because my computer will not recognize the device as it should, I cannot tether.

Does anyone have suggestions, ideas, or troubleshooting methods on this? I have done the basics (different ports, restarting, etc.), I have tried driver pointing and other stuff too but have had no luck.

Thanks y'all for your suggestions and ideas.

Advertisement

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    Common issue. Try another usb cable, preferably not samsung. Also try another usb port, main one if on laptop or if using tower one in the back. Stock cables are known to be crappy and stop working over time and the ports that are closest to the mother board have more power for xfering files.