1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Computer won't recognize phone in download mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marialle, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Marialle

Marialle Member

I got a replacement triumph, and now I'm trying to return the first one to stock in order to send it back (the issue wasn't root-related, for the record). I followed this guide:
    http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...de-100-stock-motorola-triumph-newb-proof.html

Everything seemed to go well, until I tried putting stock recovery on the phone. I'll plug the phone in during download mode and the computer says it doesn't recognize the USB device. It worked on my second triumph perfectly just now, so I seem to have the correct drivers?
    Also, the phone won't boot up after I restored a stock Triumph through CWM, it just stays at the Motorola symbol. I've tried pulling the battery several times, and even restoring the stock Triumph a second time. Any ideas? I think if I can get the phone to boot up, I can get the computer to recognize it, and then go back to replacing CWM to stock...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Android Expert

Does your PC recognize the phone normally when it's not in downloader mode ? One of the many MT's I've had did that, it was a driver issue. I've sent 2 back to VM with clockwork still on them, never heard nothing about it & my MT has been replaced by VM since. So if you can't get it then sweat it to much, never has mattered for me when it comes time to replace it.

3. Marialle

Marialle Member

Well I finally got it to boot by flashing a stock ROM on it with a zip rather than restoring a nandroid backup, and then after several tries I managed to get stock recovery on it. I figured they probably wouldn't care since many people reported nothing happening, but it can't hurt I suppose. Plus it'd suck if we were no longer able to get replacements.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews