1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Computer won't recognize Transform

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cooper271, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Cooper271

Cooper271 Android Enthusiast

Hey all, I know this is a common problem, but whenever I plug my Transform into my computer (XP, Service Pack 3) it gives an error saying "USB Device Not Recognized". If I check in the device manager, it's listed as "Unknown Device". I've tried installing drivers from the Samsung website, tried different cords, factory restored my phone, turned both my phone and computer on and off, downloaded Android SDK, tried USB debugging on and off, and tried every port on my computer. It still won't recognize! I'll keep fooling around with it, but any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Mista77

Mista77 Newbie

Had the same issue and was advised to use a USB in the back of the PC... Worked fine since

3. Cooper271

Yeah, I've tried that too. I am on a laptop, but I tried all four of my USB ports. Now I can get it to work at times, but something still isn't right. It's still looking for drivers....

4. twistedsense

twistedsense Member

I've had that happen to me too. But what I figured out was that my computer can't power all the ports at the same time. Its getting kinda old is why. I can only have 1 device plugged in at a time. If I have a flash drive and phone in at the same time it wont work.

5. Cooper271

I'm only using one device.... But I am trying to get access to a desktop computer at a friends house (because my desktops are horribly slow) so hopefully this will work.