• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer won't recognize??

Recently, I've been having problems getting my phone to charge. It won't charge at all on a regular charger plugged into a wall. When I plug it in to a USB port on my computer (that has previously worked completely fine), it will charge to a certain amount and then just hold steady at a certain percent. The only way it seems to be charging correctly is in my car.

Around the same time I noticed that it wasn't charging properly, my computer also stopped recognizing my phone. When I plug it in, it doesn't even show as a device. I tried plugging it in to another computer (that I've previously not used with my Sequent) it tells me that the drivers aren't downloaded and the device has malfunctioned and the computer can't recognize it.

Any advice? If nothing else, I'd atleast like to get the stuff that's stored on the phone (pictures and such) without having to move them all to the SD card.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones