1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Concerns about 4G keys

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jiggy79, Mar 9, 2011.

1. jiggy79

jiggy79 Well-Known Member
    None

May 17, 2010
    I'm about to reflash Spring Lover's Rom(newer updated version) onto my EVO. The thing that concerns me is that my 4G keys are still intact, despite of having clockmod 2.5, do I have anything to worry flashing the Rom over again. Do I need to update the clockmod version.

Advertisement

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    First I would download Wimax Key checker from the market and run it to see if your keys are intact. Whether or not they are, I would upgrade to CW 2.6.0.1 or switch to Amon RA 2.3( a better recovery in my opinion) and make a backup of your current set up with wimax(if they are intact).

Also, I believe that in Rooting for Dummies, there is a section that tells you how to use terminal emulator to check for your keys.

3. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    behind you
    No, you should be ok. I would recommend updating your recovery to the newer Clockwork 2.6 (or even better, Amon 2.3) using ROM Manager. Unless you feel comfortable flashing the PC36IMG.zip of the recovery you choose.

These updated recoveries back up your wimax keys should you ever lose them. You most likely wont by just doing a simple reflash, but i would go ahead and back them up now while you can..

I would:
    -Flash updated recovery (or Amon 2.3 :) )
    -Boot into recovery, and make a nandroid backup.... In amon, be sure to check cache, recovery, and wimax, then click perform backup.
    -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache. (I do not know if it is recommended to wipe Data for upgrading that rom, you will have to make sure)
    -Flash your updated version of the Rom.

It will take a minute or two to boot up a rom for the first time after you wipe Cache and Dalvik, so that will be normal.

Edit: You beat me to it! Also great advice.
    OP... You can see the pattern here... Amon ;)

Tags: